Sephora.com, Inc.

Feb 17, 2012

New York Fashion Week: Christian Siriano AW2012

Christian definitely took a departure from his Red-Carpet-eque gowns this time and went for more accessible clothing for the modern-day woman.  Don't get me wrong, there were definitely a lot of celeb-worthy gowns in the collection, but the first few looks that came out were most certainly geared towards women who are dressing for work or for day-to-night looks.  Could it be that Mr. Siriano is expanding his empire?  It started with the Payless Shoes and now (fingers crossed for people like myself that have nowhere to wear Red Carpet gowns) hopefully into more traditional daytime clothing.  That being said, Christian's clothes are anything but "traditional".  Every piece he puts on that runway is a labor of love.  The attention to detail is what makes him such a force to be reckoned with.  I loved the combo of leather jackets over cocktail dresses, and the little black dresses were fantastic.






My favorite gown of the collection... I've always wanted a pair of Angel wings, I guess this will be the closest I get to that.


And now for my favorite portion of this discussion... the shoes that will be available at Payless in the fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...