Sephora.com, Inc.

Jul 12, 2011

Beauty minis: MOBILE by Somme Institute


Today on vacation I have to talk about something that I'm just learning about, but already impressed with. Somme Institute's MOBILE is the essential skincare travel kit. It's a mini version of their full-size 5-step skin care regimen for $85 (the full size 5-step system would cost you around $298) housed in a slender waterproof case. The 5-step regimen uses Somme's MDT5 (molecular dispersion technology) which is a mix of 5 vitamins: A, B3, B5, C, and E. These vitamins are bonded to peptides to repair and protect skin. All technology aside, I'm in love with the weight and texture of these products. They are extremely lightweight and non-greasy formulas, but still feel like they are providing exceptional moisture for my skin. I've been using since I left for vacation Friday and I'm completely hooked. (To be honest, I was hooked by Friday, but thought I'd give it a few more days before I started ranting and raving!). I've never been a 3-step, 4-step, or 5-step gal as far as my skin is concerned, mostly because these regimens leave my skin feeling either dry or greasy. This regimen has been PERFECTION on my skin the past few days, and I've had no sensitivity or negative side effects from being in the sun.
The 5-step regimen includes:
Nourishing Cleanser- adequately cleanses skin without feeling dry or like it's stripping the skin. It is more the consistency of a cleansing milk, rather than a harsh foaming cleanser.
Transport Pads- these little pads (14 in the kit) are doused with AHA to exfoliate dead skin cells. You might get a little tingling with using these.
Serum- I'm absolutely in love with this product. Just a couple drops will cover your whole face, but you don't get the sticky feeling you might get with some other serums that are on the market. Honestly, I felt like I could be done with just this step, but there are 2 more!
The next step in the kit is a mini version of Somme Institute's award-winning A-Bomb moisturizer. (The full size retails for $70).

A-Bomb is lighter feeling than your typical moisturizing creams, but the extra dose of vitamins A and E (on top of the dose you already get with the MDT5) reduces skin imperfections and the appearance of fine lines. This is a great after-sun moisturizer because the vitamin E prevents and heals sun damage. There are also natural botanicals like jasmine, lavender, marigold, and Ylang Ylang to help soothe and revitalize the skin. Carrot extract, which is high in beta-carotine, is a powerful antioxidant that can also be found in the formula.
Double Defense SPF30- I've been using this underneath all my sunscreen on this trip (and I've been trying a LOT to tell you about) and haven't been breaking out like I normally do. But with SPF30 this formula can be worn on its own any given day to provide sun protection and moisture.
For more information on Somme Institute's products, please visit their website.


Many thanks to Somme Institute for sending me these samples to test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...