Sephora.com, Inc.

Jul 11, 2011

Beauty minis: sunscreen protection





I'm officially on vacation! While you're sitting there slaving away at your desk, I'm basking in the summer sun, feet in the sand. But don't worry, I will not be neglecting you. In fact, this little vacation has inspired some stories for this week. Since I decided I was going to "pack light" for the first time in my life, this whole week is going to be about beauty minis. We'll talk about all the essentials that are more portable than their back-breaking full size counterparts. Even some full size products that are just adorably small. We'll discuss sun protection since, after all, I'm on a beach vaca, hair care, because I'm obsessed, and skin care, because it's the foundation for all beauty. We'll discuss things that I've been a fan of for years, and items that I'm just discovering while I'm here on my trip.

I've always been obsessed with mini products because sometimes it gives you an opportunity to test a product at a fraction of the price before committing to the full size. Plus I'm that girl who has a ton of unnecessary beauty products in her purse, just in case.

So to kick things off, I'm going to start with sun care, because it is SO important in keeping your skin looking healthy for years to come. Dermalogica's Daylight Defense Kit ($35) is perfect for a beach vacation or weekend getaway because it has sun and after-sun care products in TSA-approved sizes.


Solar Defense Booster SPF30- Just the smallest drop of this formula turns any moisturizer or foundation in to sun protection. Just genius! You can add this to a tinted moisturizer on a weekday, or add a drop to your sunblock on a weekend at the beach.


Multivitamin Bodyblock SPF20- hydrates the skin while protecting it from the sun's rays. It's fast-absorbing and non-greasy formula doesn't leave you feeling shiny and sticky on the beach.


Solar Shield- an SPF 15 stick that can be applied to smaller areas like the nose, ears, and lips. It's super-moisturizing and, most of all, convenient.


After Sun Repair- This is my favorite item in the kit! It cools and moisturizes the skin after a long day in the sun. The soothing formula is great for sensitive skin (which, let's face it, ALL skin is sensitive after a long day at the beach) because it's free of harsh artificial colors or fragrance. The good folks at Dermalogica have also told me that this can serve as a soothing balm after waxing or other hair removal treatments that can leave your skin irritated.


For a little extra portable protection, I'm carrying Dermalogica's Solar Defense Wipes ($22) with me on this trip. These SPF15 pre-moistened wipes are so convenient on the beach when you don't feel like touching your sandy or sweaty parts.

For more information on these or other products by Dermalogica, please visit their website.




Many thanks to Dermalogica for sending me samples of the above products to test!


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    this site is very good site.i really enjoy this site & known it is very useful for us...Keep up the great work!
    Dermalogica products

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...