Sephora.com, Inc.

Feb 8, 2016

I Wish I Didn't Love Drunk Elephant Skincare, But I Do


My wallet hates me for this.  I've been ogling Drunk Elephant skincare for a while now, slowly (creepily) walking by it in the aisles of Sephora.  Telling myself I didn't need it, when it was so clearly calling my name.  Well, I've finally taken the plunge, and, while my skin is happy that I did, my wallet is pissed.  These items are going in permanent rotation in my beauty arsenal (and one of them caught me off guard with my immediate love for it).

The obvious product that I had to try, that everyone raves about, is the Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF30.  All I can say is I GET IT NOW.  It's so light and doesn't feel like you're wearing sunscreen at all.  It's fragrance-free, and full of au naturale ingredients to make the skin feel great.  Raspberry seed oil, Marula oil, sunflower shoot extract, algae extract, and Zinc Oxide (the natural sunscreen component) are all in there to give you a physical block from the sunscreen, as well as antioxidants to fight against sun damage on the skin.  All that being said, it's the texture that earns this formula its trophy as a cult-status beauty product.  It simply feels like a moisturizer instead of a sunscreen.            

Not surprising is my love for the C-Firma Day Serum.  I love a good Vitamin C serum like its nobody's business, but this is not your average.  It's got Vitamin C, fruit enzymes, pumpkin ferment, pomegranate, and some magical ingredient that transforms into Vitamin D.  It's an all-around amazing product for anti-aging as it promotes collagen synthesis in the skin, firms, brightens, and corrects.  I actually have yet to figure out what it does NOT do vs the long list of what it does.  The best part is that since it's in serum form, it's so lightweight that you'd never know it did all that good stuff.  I find the bottle to be misleading.  I thought I was just getting a Vitamin C serum.  It should tell me somewhere on the bottle that my life is going to be forever altered by the goodness that is lying inside!    

I was already sold on Shaba Complex Eye Serum before I even tried it.  Nivea used to make this luminizing moisturizer with Co-Q10 in it, and it was my FAVORITE face product ever.  (Sure they make some products with that ingredient still, but they're NOT the same as my beloved face cream). They discontinued it forever ago, and I bought every bottle of it that I could find on Ebay.  That lasted me about a year.  Now, probably 10 years later, I'm finding another product with Co-Q10 in it that I'm smitten with.  Basically, it's a powerful antioxidant that is naturally occurring in our bodies that helps prevent collagen from breaking down.  This product also has black tea ferment (more antioxidants), copper peptides (more collagen production), and Edelweiss stem cells (antioxidants).  See where I'm going with this?  It's amazing that a serum, much like the Vitamin C serum, can pack that much of a punch, but it does.  And, as someone with sensitive eyes, I can testify that it's very gentle.      



A real surprise for me is how much I love this little Lippe.  Such a tiny little treat, but it's keeping my lips from looking like Leonardo DiCaprio in the Revenant, so I'm on board.  I realize I'm being a bit dramatic, but my lips are usually so dry in the winter and this lippe is keeping them so soft and moisturized.  This is such an impulse-problem-add-on for your shopping cart, but you'll be grateful if you make the leap.  It contains avocado, cranberry, marula oil, green tea, sea fern algae, coconut oil, shea butter, and Vitamin C (among other ingredients) so it's basically the most moisturizing lip product in life.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...