Sephora.com, Inc.

Aug 24, 2014

My Monday Morning Necessities (or every day if I'm being honest)

My Monday mornings require me to get out the door pretty quickly, like most of you out there.  But let's be serious, I'm not a morning person so MOST mornings I'm in a rush to get out the door quickly.  I've tried many tactics to make my mornings more streamlined, but I've realized I'm never going to look perfectly coiffed if I don't work with what God gave me.  I've realized I'm not that sleek, shiny, primped, proper type.  Well, not without hours of prep-work anyways.  I'm more of a beachy wave, tousled top, and, thankfully, I've found some goodies that work for me to help me get on my way quickly.

Skin:
So it's official that BB and CC Creams aren't going anywhere, and they shouldn't.  They're simply awesome.  There are still some folks out there that haven't tried them (the shame!), so might I recommend this affordable option?  Boots No7 CC Cream is a great lightweight option for people who don't want to look heavily made up, but still want their skin tone to be even.  It helps to blur the look of fine lines, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation (dark spots).  It also has SPF20 for you slackers on the sunscreen.

Hair:
Undone hair is an art form.  Unless you're Alexa Chung or Beyonce, I very seriously doubt you woke up like that.  That being said, the purpose of tousled hair is not to look too done up.  I've found that using texture sprays gives me the option of putting in minimal work and maximum payoff in the hair department.  My current favorite is Shu Uemura Texture Wave because it's really buildable.  Dry shampoos, thought I love them, tend to get gunky or heavy when you use a little too much, but I feel like I can't use too much Texture Wave.  And that's saying a lot because my hair is fine and gets weighed down really easily.  There's no stickiness, no visible powder, it definitely helps with my volume issue, and the finish is natural.  Not too shiny, not too matte.  Basically I can curl my hair, I can straighten my hair, or I can do nothing to it at all, and no matter what I've done to it, I can add this product throughout the styling process for perfectly undone hair.  

Eyes:
Listen, I have a mirror, I know what I look like.  I know I don't have a Jessica Alba body or Cara Delevingne brows, but I do have green eyes that will pierce through your soul.  Ok, maybe a tad dramatic, but the point is that my eyes are my favorite feature to play up.  The Urban Decay Naked Basics palette is something that I think literally every woman should own.  And any man that wears makeup.  I have it in my purse at all times.  If I'm going for a natural look that day, I'll stick to the left side of the palette with the light, neutral.  If I'm trying to be a smoldering minx I'll stick to the right side.  Most of the time I'm somewhere in the middle, but the bottom line is there's never an occasion that I'm unprepared for with this in my purse.  A more recent addition to my eye look is the Julep Gel Eye Glider in Rich Brown.  A long time fan of Bobbi Brown eyeliners because of their fabulous texture, but having recently lost my favorite one, I was really excited with this eyeliner showed up in this month's Maven box.  The texture is super creamy, and long-wearing.  It's not easy to find that combo.  Usually creamy=runny, but this pencil goes on smooth, gives you enough time to smudge properly, and then stays put ALL DAY.  It's basically like a gel eyeliner in pencil form and I fully approve.          


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...