Sephora.com, Inc.

Aug 28, 2016

Recipe: Matcha and Fig Smoothie Bowl


Matcha and Fig Smoothie Bowl
It's fig season! I love these fruity little nuggets so much and get seriously upset when I can't get them for my smoothie bowls. They're sweet, but not too sweet, so they really can go in so many different types of smoothie bowls. I figured why not mix them with my favorite superfood of life: MATCHA. Now if you're not acquainted with the taste of matcha already, err on the side of caution when making your first one. Start with a half a tablespoon of the highly-concentrated powder if you're not sure if it's for you. I am in love with the stuff so I can get wild and do almost a tbsp and a half without flinching, but that's just me.

Ingredients:
1 cup Almond Milk (or favorite nut milk)
1/2 to 1 tablespoon Matcha Powder
1/4 cup Coconut Yogurt

Optional Toppings:
Green Figs
Black Figs
Golden Raspberries
Coconut Chips
Sweetener, such as honey or agave

Directions: Mix coconut yogurt, almond milk, and matcha powder in a mason jar or tupperware.  Leave in fridge overnight.  In the morning, when you're ready to eat, top with fresh fruit and/or some honey to sweeten.  I find that I don't need much sweetener when I top with fresh fruit, but this is because I'm quite accustomed to the taste of matcha and I love it.  I realize not everyone likes their matcha without sweetener.  Sub the honey for agave if you're vegan. Since this is a soft smoothie bowl, with pretty soft fruits, I like to add a little crunchy contrast to it with some coconut chips or homemade granola.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...