Sephora.com, Inc.

Mar 14, 2016

Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Quads

Your wallet is going to hate me for this.  When I first saw a sneak peek at the new Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Quads I thought "hey, no biggie.  I have the original Shade + Light Contour Palette, so I'm golden".  But I'm NOT good, because the new quads are completely different shades, and, dare I say it?  They might be prettier than the original.  I wish I could sit here and tell you that you don't need to buy these because they're close to the original palette, but that would be a lie.  If you don't already have the original Shade + Light palette, these little quads are a great intro into the whole world of eye contouring at $26 a piece.  Each palette has a Base, Highlight, Contour, and Define shade, along with instructions on how to create various eye effects.  These are out in Sephora stores in April.      

The Sage quad is a really easy to understand palette.  It comes with a warm Base shade, a Define shade of the prettiest green, a creamy taupe Contour shade, and then a light-colored Highlight shade.  

The Smoke quad is exactly what one would expect from a smoky eye palette, especially one from Kat Von D.  The surprise for me here though was the cool-toned taupe Base shade.  I LOVE this taupe and find it really hard to find a cool-toned one. 
The Rust quad blew me away.  The pink Base shade basically melted into my skin, as you can see from the swatch below.  I know I have pink undertones, but whoa.  Is this the perfect Base shade for me or what?  But really, the all-star is this rust color.  It's so pretty and pigmented and perfect.  I should mention here that all of the colors glide on so smoothly, in case you're not already familiar with the texture of Kat Von D eyeshadows.  If you pair with Kat's new Lock It Color Correcting Eyeshadow Primer, you're not going to believe the creaminess and the long wear.   

The Plum quad is really just a perfect way to do purples.  This is a good one to try if you've ever been scared of purple.  It has a great pinky-purple Base shade, a deep plum Define shade, a universally pretty mauve Contour shade, and then a light Highlight shade. 


In case you want to see how these quads compare to the original Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette, let's have a look at how some of the shades compare. 
The original palette is basically a neutrals palette.  While all the colors in it are delicious, if you want pops of color, you have to go with the new quads.  They are a great color addition to an already awesome collection of nudes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...