Sephora.com, Inc.

Nov 16, 2015

Kat Von D Studded Obsession: Studded Kiss Collector's Edition Set


Ok I know this is a real splurge, but I'm completely and utterly in love with this gift set Kat Von D Studded Kiss lip collection from Sephora.  This is one of those things where you might think of buying it and splitting it up as gifts, but when you get it home you won't want to part with a single one.  It's 20 full size lip colors, some you know and love already, some new.  They range from conservative to crazy, and from matte to metallic.  All of the shades are surprisingly wearable, even if they don't look that way in the tube, and the formula has a nice, creamy texture.  And they're long-wearing!            

Comes in a collector's box with notes from Kat on her inspiration behind the names of each color
The Daring Nudes
From left to right: La Femme, Magick, Noble, Lovecraft, and Cathedral
I think nudes are very tough, but these are shades I'd actually wear.  I like to stick to the mauve-y family, so I love Magick and Lovecraft.  Cathedral, though too dark to be considered a nude on me, is such a pretty, bronzey mauve, that I think just about anybody can pull off.  

The Fierce Fuschias 
From left to right: Backstage Bambi, Sexer, L.U.V., Wonderchilde, and Coven

These purples are almost too much for my heart to handle.  My ticker is going to burst out of my chest!  Wonderchilde is my favorite, because it has a subtle lilac metallic shimmer to it, but Coven gets bonus points simply for its name.  

The Eternal Reds
From front to back: Underage Red, Adora, Bachelorette, A-Go-Go, and Countess

In a world with plenty of red shades to choose from, this mix is refreshingly different.  Underage Red is a matte, fire engine red.  Adora is probably my favorite of the mix, reminding me of a ruby red slipper.  But really, which of these reds is NOT good?  Even the orange-red (A-Go-Go) is pretty, and I'm usually not the biggest fan of oranges.    

The Rebellious Bolds
From left to right: Plan 9, NaYeon, Piaf, Mercy, and Hellbent
Ok, so maybe you're not wearing the green (Plan 9) and grey/black (NaYeon) shades every day... but I was actually shocked to see the color of Piaf and Mercy out of the tube.  They are ridiculously pretty, with flecks of a metallic-y lilac shimmer in both.  The result is unexpectedly sultry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...