Sephora.com, Inc.

Oct 6, 2013

Urban Decay's Kisshibition

Natalie Irish prepping to kiss her canvas

I mean, I thought I really liked lipstick, but artist Natalie Irish takes lipstick to a whole other level.  Irish creates "paintings" that she does entirely with her lips.  No paintbrushes, no hands, just her lips.  She uses lipstick and kisses the canvases to make some of the most amazing portraits I've ever seen.  Irish recently partnered with Urban Decay to produce a collection of nine kiss paintings using only the brand’s new Revolution Lipstick collection.  Irish was pleasantly surprised to find that the Revolution Lipstick was so creamy and highly-pigmented that she could even do paintings with their nude shade, Naked.   
This past week, at the Sephora in Times Square, Urban Decay turned the store into an art exhibition where Irish's one-of-a-kind pieces were displayed throughout the store to admire, and where she was demonstrating her talents.  The bad news: I took some amazing pictures on my Iphone, which is now dead and all pictures are lost.  UGH.  The good news: my friends at Urban Decay sent me some pictures.  Phew!  I can't NOT share Irish's amazing work.  She created a cool skull portrait right there in front of my eyes in the Sephora Window, and she brought along with some cool pieces of Olivia MunnAnna KendrickAli Larter, and Camille Belle that she's been working on.  

The artwork will be auctioned off on the Urban Decay Website to benefit The Art of Elysium (a non-profit that encourages celebs to dedicate their time to children with serious medical conditions).  If you've never heard of Natalie Irish, go research her like RIGHT NOW.  And if you haven't tried Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick yet, you need to add it to your collection.  I must warn you though, you'll definitely want to buy more than one.  The texture is amazing, it's long-wearing, and the colors are fantastic.  

Jamie Chung applying Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in F-Bomb

My favorite kiss painting by Natalie Irish

Great kiss painting by Natalie Irish using Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...