Sephora.com, Inc.

Feb 1, 2012

Scents to have on your radar this spring

We all know certain scents can evoke memories of special times or feelings.  I am particularly drawn to spring/summer fragrance launches because of their light, airy nature, but because they remind me of fun times as a child.  I don't care how corny it sounds, but I loved playing outside, spending time by the water, and running around barefoot with my brothers as a child.  Here are some spring fragrances that remind me of those times, yet appeal to the somewhat-older me that acknowledges the power of a great perfume.
L'eau De Chloé ($30-$85)- A lighter, more subtle sister to the original Chloé EDP, the base of this fragrance is rose water.  This will remind you of running barefoot through a meadow, with its subtle floral notes, but it's grounded with notes of patchouli as well to give you that Chloé sophistication.  The ad campaign is in fact shot in a meadow, with French beauty Camille Rowe-Pourcheresse looking as effervescent as the fragrance smells.

Agent Provocateur's Eau Provocateur ($70 each)- Agent already has 3 existing perfumes (Eau de Parfum, Maitresse, and L'Agent), but this spring they're introducing 3 new "daytime" fragrances to correspond with them.  Eau Provocateur is the daytime version of the original Eau De Parfum with citrus notes, Orange Flower, Vanilla, and Tonka Bean for a soft, powdery floral.  L'Agent Eau Provocateur has notes of apple, melon, peach, Jasmine, Freesia, Rose, Magnolia, and then is grounded with Patchouli, Sandalwood, and Amber.  My favorite of the 3 is Maitresse Eau Provocateur.  This scent is fresh with notes of Granny Smith Apples, Jasmine Sambac, Rose, Iris, and Acacia (a green thorny shrub).  I don't know if it's the Granny Smith Apples or the Acacia that I'm not familiar with, but I find the scent utterly delectable.  All 3 fragrances will be available on April 15th.

Krigler Mediterranean Peach 15 ($155-$245)- Not a new one, but an oldie and a goodie.  This EDP makes the list because of my love (both as a child and as an adult) of all things sweet.  This fragrance equals warm weather to me, with its pure peach scent that is complimented by undertones of florals and blackcurrant.  This will definitely remind you of a warm summer day and having the juices of a ripe peach run down your arm, but it's still sophisticated enough to wear all day without feeling too sugary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...