Sephora.com, Inc.

Dec 29, 2010

Benz on a budget: Fave drugstore finds

After-Christmas sales may be making your wallet thin, but there are some great beauty finds out there at affordable prices. These are some of my latest affordable drugstore finds:

Boots Botanics self-adjusting foundation ($11.99). This stuff is amazing. I don't pretend to know all the technology behind self-adjusting foundations, but I tried 3 of the 4 different Boots colors and all 3 blended perfectly to my skin. It comes in Fair, Light, Medium, and Dark. I tried the latter of the 3, and the Dark shade absolutely should NOT blend to my skin tone, but it did. This is definitely worth the $11.99 if you have trouble picking out your own shade. It's also pretty lightweight, so it feels good on the skin.

Boots No 7 Quick Thinking 4-in-1 wipes ($6.99). These are a great tool if you're too lazy to remove your makeup before bedtime... not that I do that! These are a 4-in-1 cleanser, makeup remover, toner, and moisturizer, so they leave skin in pretty good shape, rather than getting dried out like some other face wipes.

Revlon nail enamel in Raven Red ($3.04). This is one of my favorite red shades, ever. It lasts just as long as the more expensive stuff.

L'Oreal HIP eyeshadow duo in Gilded ($8.29). The colors can be worn individually for a fresh day look, or combined for a night-time smokey eye.



Oil Of Olay Age Defying Revitalizing Eye Gel ($9.99). To get rid of the puffies after a long New Year's Eve extravaganza, a hot date, or any other event that could have you doing the Walk Of Shame.


Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo ($4.79). Dry Shampoo lovers will find this formula less chalky than others, and it smells fantastic.

Lavera self-tanning lotion ($22.99). I'm not trying to look like Snooki, but I must admit that during the winter I get a little sad at my lack of a tan. This organic self-tanner doesn't turn me orange, and it leaves my skin feeling moisturized. Jojoba oil, lavender, aloe vera, rose water, and organic soy extracts are all combined in this formula to give a natural glow that is not harmful to the skin.

Well under $100 for a bunch of great beauty essentials!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...