Sephora.com, Inc.

Sep 11, 2017

Josh Rosebrook Vital Balm Cream



Few things in life rival my love for blue tansy or anything in balm form.  Cleansing balms, moisturizing balms, eye balms: put anything in a balm form and I'll buy it.  Maybe if you talk to me about wiener dogs and fancy cheese, you'll get the same excited reaction out of me, but if you're talking about skincare nothing elicits such a strong reaction from me as a face balm does.  So Josh Rosebrook has introduced his Vital Balm Cream and it has blue tansy in it.  Be still my beating heart. It's a moisturizing balm-cream hybrid, so people who are a little scared of the very dense oil-based balms might like this version better.  Life is now complete for me.

I recently took this puppy on a trip to Maui with me thinking it would be too heavy for everyday use, but would come in handy if I got too much sun.  Little did I know when packing it that I would use it twice a day while I was there and for the first few weeks that I was back home.  I'm now back to using it just once a day, but I swear it's the reason that my skin didn't become a peely dry mess once I got back.  It's intensely hydrating, but doesn't feel super heavy on my skin.  I'm sure you could easily overdo it since it's a rich cream, and I'm generally one to overdo everything in life, but I've found that a pea-sized amount is enough for my whole face.

So let's talk about all the things I love about it, besides the whipped balm-like texture.  Blue tansy is incredibly soothing, which we know and love already.  This product is great for people with skin sensitivities.  It also has broccoli seed oil in it, which is becoming a superstar ingredient for me.  I first discovered broccoli seed oil in Gressa's foundation (more on that unique and awesome formula later!) and have been a fan ever since.  It's balancing and healing for people who may have acne-prone skin or various redness-related problems.  Rosebrook's Vital Balm Cream also has a form of hyaluronic that I haven't seen in the natural world yet, which comes from Senna seeds.  So far in the natural world, the hyaluronic I've seen have come from other sources (like sweet potatoes, which I've also been eating for the skin-plumping benefits).  It's beautifully nourishing with mango seed butter, avocado and borage seed oil, yet somehow isn't too much.  Beyond that, Rosebrook is a wiz at super herbaceous formulas; using adaptogens like Ashwagandha in his products.  But the best part is the price.  At $45, this cream is a serious value.  I know $45 is a lot to most people, but you only need the tiniest little bit of this cream.  And the results are SO worth it.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...