Sephora.com, Inc.

Aug 28, 2016

Buy The Lipstick, Save The Chimps


Hi there, friends. You may have noticed I've been in a bit of a blogging hiatus as of late. After moving to the San Francisco Bay Area I decided to, besides my freelance writing, work for a green beauty company. It's been amazing, and we'll discuss this in further detail later, but I've been pondering what it's all going to mean for my blog. I have no intentions of quitting the blog (EVER), but I have been having an internal struggle over whether or not I will be posting only natural/clean/green beauty content, or if I'm going to be doing a little of everything. I think knowing a little of everything makes me great at my job, because I can recommend great clean beauty swaps for people since I'm "in the know" about all the new products coming out, but personally I certainly prefer to wear more natural products on my own body. I've always been a huge fan of brands like Urban Decay and Kat Von D who are proudly cruelty-free, so I will absolutely be focusing stronger efforts on content surrounding brands that take a stand against animal testing.  

So, again, more on that later, but I wanted to let y'all know where I've been lately. 
So what glorious product was enough for me to come out of my blogging hiatus to write about? Of course, because I'm a crazy dog mom, it had to be a product that is about saving the animals! This is not a natural product, but it is paraben-free and vegan, and I will certainly support any product line that cares about animals. 
Kat Von D has come out with a limited edition color for her Everlasting Liquid Lipstick called Project Chimps ($20). Miss Von D is an outspoken animal activist that wants to end animal testing in the beauty industry, so she created this shade to further the cause.  Project Chimps is a nonprofit organization that works to stop the use of chimps in biomedical research, and retire them to a chimp sanctuary. 20% of the retail price of every one of these lipsticks will go to that charity. Let's not forget to mention that the matte brick shade is stunning and long-lasting!  This shade is available at Sephora right now, so head over there if you feel like supporting a great cause. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...