Sephora.com, Inc.

May 12, 2015

Beauty Oils Are Going Nowhere. In Fact, They're Getting Better.

When Argan Oil hit the beauty scene a few years ago, I certainly didn't think it would be a passing fad, but I don't know if I could've predicted how big beauty oils would get.  Sure, pure oils that you buy in the health food store (like Argan, Almond, Coconut, and Rosehip) will always be where it's at, but now oils are making appearances in things you never would've thought of back in the day.  In self-tanner, in makeup primer, and in face wash are just a few cool ways that beauty oils can introduced into your beauty routine if you're too scared to go full-on 100% oil.  I basically bathe in the stuff, so I'm not scared, but these products make the prospect of oil a little less scary.  Here are some of my favorites:

Skin Laundry Nourishing Cleansing Oil
If you haven't jumped on the facial cleansing oil train yet, this is the one to try.  It's great for all skin types, even oily skin the tea tree oil helps prevent breakouts.  It's super gentle and doesn't smell too sticky sweet (again, the tea tree oil helps) like some others do.  Skin is left feeling clean, but not dry.  Moisturized, but not greasy.  And the oil is great for gently removing all makeup, even some of the harder-to-remove eye makeup that I tend to wear.  The pump bottle helps you to know that you're using the right amount.  I mean, any cleaning oil that doesn't come in a pump-bottle now is no longer on my shopping list.      
Hourglass No 28 Primer Serum
This is honestly one of my favorite products of all time.  It's an oil/serum so it moisturizes the skin and acts as a makeup base.  It's clear, so you don't have to worry about what it looks like underneath your makeup, but it makes your skin better over time, so I've started using it even on days when I don't wear any makeup.  It's call "No 28" because its 28 active ingredients are made of 14 essential oils, 10 nourishing plant oils, and 4 vitamins (A, B5, C, & E).  What is NOT in that number are a bunch of synthetic dyes and other nonsense that does nothing for your skin.  It's just highly-concentrated skin goodness.  It evens out the skin tone, moisturizes, calms, protects, and, for bonus points, it smells good.    


Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo for Dry Scalp & Hair 
So I should mention here that Shu Uemura has been doing cleansing oils for the hair since before it was the thing to do.  This newest cleansing oil from their line smells ridiculously good because it's made with Neroli oil.  It's like having a mini-spa day in your shower every time you use it!  Or is that just me?  This oil gives you the benefits of a hair perfume, shampoo, and moisturizing oil all in one.  The scalp is purified, moisturized, but, most importantly, balanced.  Their is a common misconception that hair oils are heavy or greasy, but this leaves your hair anything but.  Using oils on the hair is clearly a science.  Obviously you wouldn't want to use coconut oil on the hair as a cleanser, but oils like Neroli work wonderfully for that.  But instead of you having to figure out all of that, Shu Uemura has done the work for you.    


St Tropez Self Tan Luxe Facial Oil
This self-tanning product is more of a dry oil, so great for people who are a little scared of facial oils.  And we all know St Tropez tanning products are some of the best out there, so you can expect a non-greasy formula that gives you a glowy, natural-looking tan.  Nothing dramatic or scary.  You only need the tiniest bit, so the bottle lasts a long time for me.  I use one dropper full on my whole face and neck (and ears... gotta make sure to blend it onto the ears for a more natural effect!).  I use the body formula as well for getting a nice tan on my legs and arms, so I was clearly very excited when the face version came out.  If they were ever to discontinue this formula, I think I'd cry.    

Oil Essentials
Ok, so these are straight-up oils.  No frills.  No new technology.  Just age-old wisdom about caring for your skin and hair.  But what beauty oil list would be complete without?  All of their oils are free of harmful ingredients, synthetic fragrances, or drying sulfates.  And there is an oil for all of your needs.  SeaBuckthorn Berry & Borage is great for dry or UV damaged skin.  Omega 3, 6, 9 & Evening Primrose is great for people with blemishes, redness, or other skin discolorations.  I'm really into the Neroli & Avocado.  Did I mention above that Neroli is a natural stress reliever?  Well I'll mention it now, and then you get the avocado in there to provide all sorts of moisturizing benefits.  Basically there is an oil for whatever ails you, and since you can get it at the drugstore, it's a great intro into the oil world.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...