Sephora.com, Inc.

Apr 19, 2015

We're Not Just Celebrating Earth Day, We're Celebrating Earth Month

Let's be serious y'all... EVERY day should be Earth Day.  I know that's not the reality of how folks think about our planet, but maybe I can at least get some people to get on board with Earth-friendly beauty products.  At the very least, the more au naturale the beauty product, the better you can feel about using it on your hair, face, or body.
Vapour Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick in Tempt
If you're not already familiar with Vapour, a company committed to creating natural and beautiful beauty products, this lipstick would be a great place to start.  For Earth Month, they will be donating 10% of proceeds from Siren Lipstick in Tempt, to the Beyond Pesticides BEE Protective Campaign.  Listen, do I run when I see a bee?  Yes.  But do I also know they are NECESSARY for our environment?  Of course.  Unfortunately, these little stingers are suffering because of the pesticides used for farming.  The Beyond Pesticide’s BEE Protective Campaign is focused on protecting honey bees and wild pollinators from harmful pesticides.  On top of their donations, Vapour Organic Beauty has made a commitment to formulate exclusively with organic beeswax, in order to help with bee populations and with safe habitats for them to live. 

And besides being good for you and for the bees, it's a super flattering color for most skin tones. 
Caudalie Instant Detox Mask
I love a good face mask just as much as the next person, but have to admit I'm a little particular about my masks.  I'm usually not into the drying clay-type masks, but love this gel-cream formula from Caudalie.  It has pink clay to purify pores, but it's also rich in Polyphenols from grapes and coffee extract so you get an antioxidant moisture boost as well.  Papaya enzymes gently exfoliate the skin without scrubbing, and then there's a bunch of amazing essential oils to give a spa-like experience at home (including Lavender, Bergamot, Chamomile, Sage, Myrrh, and Sandalwood).  I'm totally hooked on this mask, but besides what it does for the skin, it's also part of the 1% For The Planet movement.  Every Instant Detox Mask sold helps Mama Earth, so I can rest easy knowing that some good is being done while my pores are being cleaned.    

Nature's Gate Avocado Night Cream
I swear this rich goodness has saved my skin this month.  I've been doing non-stop travel (for work, not for play!) but I've been throwing this in my carry-on bag to slather on my skin pre-plane, or post-hotel-shower.  What can I say about Avocado?  Besides that it tastes delicious, it's got a high Vitamin E and essential fatty acid content, which means it's good for the skin whether you use it on the inside or the outside.  There's no worry about putting anything bad on your skin with this, and the formula, although rich, absorbs so nicely into the skin.  We're talking Baby's Bottom soft here, kids.  And since we're talking about saving the Earth here, you should know that Nature's Gate is an eco-friendly company that uses recycled packaging, is cruelty-free, and donates to various important organizations, like Water Aid.    
Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum
Jurlique grows all their own ingredients on their own biodynamic farm in Australia, so they know a thing or two about creating effective skincare, but still being sustainable.  Their serums are always super potent, including this Herbal Recovery Serum.  It helps to counteract skin dullness caused by pollution, stress, fatigue, AGE, and all the bad stuff.  It contains ingredients like Evening Primrose Oil, Echinacea, Lavender, Peach, Fennel, Rosemary, and Licorice Root Extract (and those are just a few of the ingredients) to nourish the skin.  Skin tone is more even and glowy, without the use of any weird chemicals.   
I'll admit that my love of Love + Roses was initially just visual.  I would walk by it at Anthro and think "it would look so pretty in my apartment", but never bought it until recently.  I've been turned on lately to beauty mists in conjunction with my Beauty Blender sponge for perfect makeup application... but beauty mists are so much more than that.  They're good for the SOUL.  This particular beauty mist is amazing because it's packed with essential oils, vegan, and smells amazing.  It peps up your hair or skin with Moringa Seed Extract (antioxidant and anti-inflammatory), Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract (minimizes fine lines and wrinkles), and Cassia Seed (mimics hyaluronic acid).  It also contains Rose Quartz essence, if you believe in the healing powers of precious gemstones, which I do.  But hello, it's all about the roses.  It's packed with rose oil from roses that were picked only in the morning dew to preserve the freshest quality possible.  So let's see, it's good for the skin, it's good for the hair, it relaxes you, it's good for your soul... what else could one need?  Well, I'll leave you with the knowledge that 5% of the sales from all Olivine products goes towards Every Mother Counts.  I dare you to go to the website and not be moved to do something to help!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...