Sephora.com, Inc.

Feb 6, 2015

My Top Picks For Glowing Skin

Models backstage during NYFW showing off a glowing complexion. 

There are many different types of makeup looks out there, from the bold to the bare, but the look I love the most is glowy.  That model skin.  That "Oh, I just worked out and I'm naturally dewy" skin.  There's just something fresh and youthful about it.  Always on a mission for that lit-from-within look, I've found some favorite products to help me achieve this look so easily, I could almost do it with my eyes closed.    

Glossier Phase 1 Set
The Glossier launch a few months ago was exciting for all the gals that are into cult beauty products, myself included.  It's success is it's simplicity.  The idea is that you only need a few good products to make your skin radiate, and then subsequently you'll only need a very light dash of color to even out the skin tone.  It's not rocket science, but it's important in this Kardashian-crazed, Instagram-filtered world we're currently living in.  I start with the Balm Dotcom on my lips and any overly dry areas of my face that might be chapped from winter weather, then I slather my face in the extremely gentle and lightweight Priming Moisturizer.  I spritz my beauty blender with the Soothing Face Mist (which I just sometimes spray all over my body because it's so good) and then apply Perfecting Skin Tint.  It's all so lightweight that you feel like you're not wearing anything, which is kind of the point, isn't it?  This is not full-coverage makeup, this is about letting your real skin shine through.     

Kate Somerville IllumiKate Concealing Eye Cream
The necessity for eye cream in my life is a real one.  Father time has not been kind to me the past few years.  There are plenty of under-eye concealers out there, but I like this one because it's a brightening one.  Who doesn't want to brighten the eye area to draw the attention to the best part of the face?  Also, it's got real eye cream in it.  So if you're one of those folks who hasn't started using an eye cream yet, this 2-in-1 is a good cheat to get started.  The applicator pen makes life easy as well.  It's a pretty great tool for lazy people, and easy enough to carry with you wherever you go.      

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer 
I mean the whole idea is really in the name, isn't it?  But if you hadn't guessed already, it's a full coverage concealer, that still looks and feels like you don't have a ton of makeup on.  This is super important for me because I'm a human and get blemishes.  While this coverage is about glowing skin, I think it's important to note that there are full coverage concealers out there that can hide your sins without looking fake.  Bonus, Urban Decay doesn't do the generic light-medium-dark when it comes to concealers, so with the shade range they offer you'll probably find something that matches your skin REALLY well.  Plus it's fortified with a bunch of good-for-you skincare ingredients like green tea and lychee extract, so it's not just covering you up, it's actually helping your skin improve.  Imagine that?    

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector
This is where the dewy skin really kicks in, with a liquid highlighter that makes you look like an other-worldly, ethereal little fairy from Heaven.  I will either use this just on the high planes of the face (where the sun would naturally hit, like the cheekbones) as the last part of my makeup routine.  Or sometimes I will just go all out and mix it with my foundation/tinted moisturizer and just be glowing all over.  The shade pictured here is Rose Gold, but it's kind of erroneous since all the shades are amazing (and I own most of them).  I would recommend Rose Gold for darker skin tones that tend to get chalky looking if they use a highlighter that is too pale, but on any given day you can find me rotating between the 5 shades offered.  

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstars On The Go
You could probably stop here and feel pretty enough, but WHY NOT give the cheeks that perfect flush that they crave?  If the radiance of youth is what we're after, then flushed cheeks are a necessity.  This palette is really for the girl-on-the-go, since Tilbury caters to a celeb clientele.  Each palette, of the 5 available shades, has a molten metal cream eye shadow, and a cream lip/cheek color.  But with a clientele like Tilbury's, it can't just be about the great color, it also has to be about great skin, so they are formulated with hyaluronic acid, Tilbury's patented BerryFlux Vita (her magic ingredient), and other great antioxidant powerhouses.  It's the perfect finishing touch if you want your skin to sparkle.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...