Sephora.com, Inc.

Feb 13, 2015

His & Hers Fragrances

Normally I don't necessarily condone wearing complementary his & hers fragrances.  Though I have a long-term boyfriend, I consider myself a fairly independent woman that doesn't require approval from any man about what I smell like.  If anything, I'm usually the one approving the fragrances that my BF wears, since I'm the one that has to smell him and all.  That being said, I'm actually really excited about 2 new fragrance launches from Clean Perfumes, that just happen to coordinate quite nicely together.  Their new fragrance for women is another great one in a long line of clean, crisp perfumes that you can mix and match.  The men's fragrance, however, is their first foray into men's, and it's a great start. 

Clean Air is definitely for anybody who, like myself, isn't in to overpowering fragrances, but likes a light breeze of subtle, nostalgic smells wafting by them.  This fragrance reminds me of my outdoorsy country childhood with top notes of mountain air accord, bergamot, and green accords.  Mid notes are comprised of freesia, and peony, but they're so subtle that I wouldn't consider this an overtly flowery fragrance.  It's all based back to notes of cashmere woods and white amber, so even the base notes are clean and fresh.  It's so nice on its own, but really great to layer with other fragrances as well.  I've been layering this back to another Clean favorite of mine, Skin, and have been loving the results.   

Clean for Men Classic has fresh top notes of bergamot, basil, and saffron, but all in a very subtle way. The middle notes of juniper berry, jasmine, and violet leaf remind me of everything that is good about summer.  It's all grounded back to base notes of musk, vetiver, and oud.  It's a really classic men's scent that is not cloying.  So it seems, as much as I try to fight it, my BF and I will be wearing matchy-matchy fragrances from here on out.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...