Sephora.com, Inc.

Sep 17, 2014

Fall beauty favorites

With the chill of fall starting to set in, changes to the beauty routine is as inevitable as the changes in clothing.  Nails become darker, skin becomes drier... the whole routine's got to change!  Fortunately I'm already prepped and ready to go for fall with my current favorite beauty products.  
Clarisonic Sonic Radiance Brightening Solution
There is something in life that I'm absolutely nuts about, and that is skin tone.  It drives me crazy if I have discoloration from acne, hyperpigmentation from the sun, or any form of uneven skin tone whatsoever.  So I'm super excited that Clarisonic has made a whole brightening system just for ME!  (and other like-minded individuals).  The Sonic Radiance Brightening Solution works to slow down the synthesis of excess melanin to decrease existing dark spots and combat future dark spot formation.  It also happens to be their debut into products that are left on, rather than washed off, with their new Brightening Activator Serum that comes with the kit.  The Sonic Radiance Brightening Solution Regimen includes the ARIATM Cleansing Device, a Radiance Brush Head, a Skin Illuminating Cleanser, Brightening Activator Serum, and a Skin Renewing Peel Wash.  So it includes the device, a morning routine, and a night routine!  The Skin Illuminating Cleanser (morning cleansing milk) has licorice extract to help reduce spots, and then you leave on the Brightening Activator Serum all day, so the potent ingredients in that are working the whole day to keep your skin looking radiant.  Then at night you use the Skin Renewing Peel Wash that gently exfoliates and re-texturizes the skin, which you follow up with the amazing serum so it can work on the skin all night.  The whole thing is brilliant, really.  A morning solution, a night solution, high-powered ingredients, a gentle clean, and a pretty pink device?  I mean, they've pretty much thought of everything.  Oh, and in case you don't know how long you're supposed to cleanse each section of your face, it has an automatic timer, so it's pretty much idiot-proof.  No worries if you already own a Clarisonic, you don't have to buy a whole new device, you can just buy the Sonic Radiance Customization Set that has all the skincare products in there, along with the  Radiance Brush Head.            

La Roche Posay Rosaliac CC Cream 
This redness-correcting CC cream is perfect for post-summer skin irritations.  Rather than your typical green-tinted redness corrections, this is a blend of several pigments to give you more even-textured looking skin immediately.  But the beauty of it is that it actually corrects redness over time, rather than just masks it the day that you're using the product.  It's packed with polyphenols, hydrating agents, and other good-for-your-skin products.  SPF30 prevents future redness/sun spots.  It's hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and paraben-free, so it's good for sensitive skin.  
Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette  
Listen up, kids.  "Basic" doesn't have to be a bad thing.  Cue the Urban Decay Naked Basics palettes, which make my world go round.  The first version was perfect enough, but now that version 2.0 has come along, I'm not quite sure of what to do with myself.  The 1st one is a little warmer in tone than the second, but they're both really beautiful matte colors that are flattering on pretty much any skin tone.  I have the fortunate ability of being able to wear both palettes because I have a warm tone to my skin, but cooler eyes.  All I know is that I love them both equally.  Because you're not supposed to pick favorites, right?  That would be wrong... it would definitely be wrong to say I like the 2nd one just a teensy bit more than the first... I could pick one over the other....but if you put a gun to my head.  OK DAMMIT!  I like the 2nd better than the first!  I know sequels are supposed to suck, but the colors in this one are just everything that is good about eyeshadow.       
Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer
Bye bye pores.  I've had enough of you.  Even on days that I'm not wearing makeup, I find myself wearing this primer because it instantly blurs the look of big ole pores, fine lines, and wrinkles.  But it's not just that it gives you smoother looking skin at the moment, it actually has Vitamins C & E to perfect the skin while protecting it from the outside elements.  Green bean extract and other natural ingredients provide moisture to keep the skin nourished.  But the genius thing about it is that it gives you a soft-focus effect, even though it's so lightweight it feels barely-there.  It's a mousse-like texture in the container, but instantly mattifies.   



Alexa Chung Nails Inc Fabric Effects in Alexa Leather
What things are cooler in life than a cat eye and a leather jacket?  While this nail lacquer will not necessarily make me as cool as Alexa Chung (probably not even close), I can still dream.  This textural polish will give you the feel of wearing a leather jacket on your nails, which comes in handy since the weather is so unpredictable as of late.  I have a feeling I'm going to be picking up some of the other Fabric Effects nail colors, like Alexa Cashmere, which looks basically too good to pass up (top left picture).  There's also Lace, and Sequins, and Silk to choose from.  This is not looking good for my wallet, but it's certainly a good outlook for my nails.            
2 coats of Alexa Leather, no top coat

Korres Black Pine Firming, Lifting & Antiwrinkle Night Cream 
Gotta respect a tree that can live for millions of years in the Mediterranean (read: deserts, mountains, sun, storms) and can still survive.  Black Pine trees are a natural wonder, much like the Mediterranean itself, and they're the inspiration for the newest additions to the Korres skincare line.  They combined some Black Pine Extract with 8 other extracts (many of which are patented, so it's truly like no other recipe you'll find on the market) to make a powerful line.  The line firms, lifts, tightens.  All the good things.  It's a complete line, including a serum, a day cream, an eye cream, and the night cream, so def an essential as we move into colder winter months soon.  Ah, who am I kidding?  Who can't use a powerful Night Cream like this one year round?  I started using it when it was still 90 degrees outside (aka last week).  Also, super chic packaging, eh?    



Dolce & Gabbana Aurealux Eye Gel
I cannot say enough about how friggin awesome this stuff is.  There's an entire Dolce & Gabbana skincare line that needs to be discussed, because it's amazing, but for right now I'm going to stick to the eye gel because it's my favorite item of the whole line.  It's got this Gold Flavo-Silk TricomplexTM that is made of a rare and bad-ass Gold Silk Sericin, and well as Italian Olive Oil extract and Vitamin B3.  Without getting into all the technology behind it, I'll just say that they really did their homework and found effective ingredients.  The stuff WORKS.  Immediately.  The Aurealux Eye Gel is super refreshing, which we could all use on those puffy under-eyes in the morning, and it's so light.  You'll never feel like it's settling into fine lines or wrinkles.  It's soothing, hydrating, and pretty darn genius.  You only need the tiniest little bit, and it has this bounce back technology so every time you open the bottle it looks like you've never used it.  Which I really enjoy because I never want it to end.  Much more on the rest of the Aurealux line to come, but I couldn't wait one more minute to share the news about this eye gel with you.  You can thank me later.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...