Sephora.com, Inc.

Nov 17, 2012

Holiday makeup palettes that are awesome

I love this time of year because all the holiday palettes come out right around the time of my birthday.  Selfish, I know, but I can't help but splurge on myself this time of year.  When I go shopping for these eye palettes I usually use a one-for-you and one-for-me kind of mentality.  (Stop judging me, I only get one birthday a year!)  The bottom line is that they make awesome gifts for just about every woman on your list, and they carry enough shades to last the gifted person until next year's holiday season.  Most holiday palettes don't go over $50/$60 so they're not bank-breakers, and a lot carry limited-edition colors that you wouldn't normally find on the line.  
Here are my favorite holiday palettes this year:
stock photo

Real life rundown: I like that these colors will work on a wide range of skin tones.

Stila Snow Angel Color Palette ($39)- 
This snowflake-shaped set includes 12 cheek colors, 18 eyeshadow colors, a mini Stay All Day waterproof mascara, and a look-book with tips on how to apply the various shades.  This palette is for the makeup-lover because there's SO much to choose from.  This is also great for someone who might be more conservative with makeup (mother-in-law?) because the shades are all extremely wearable.     
stock photo
Real life rundown: the shades are highly pigmented so this little palette will go a long way.  


NYX cosmetics Wicked Dreams palette ($15)- 
This palette makes the list because everybody has that friend that wears enviable eye makeup when they go out.  This girl will pass out from joy if you gift her this for the holidays.  It's for your bestie or for your sister, and it's at such an affordable price that you can't lose.  There are 24 shades that will cover all this girl's needs, from neutral day shades to jewel tones for nighttime.  
Real life rundown: there's no occasion that this can't get you ready for! 


Nordstrom Fall Essentials beauty palette ($29.50)- 
Did you know that Nordstrom came out with their own beauty line?  It just hit stores and I have to say they did a really good job at creating the product at a great price.  They have a ton of palettes out right now (as well as single shade colors) but this palette goes on the list, possibly for a co-worker's Secret Santa gift, because it's perfect to keep in your desk at work.  It contains 9 eyeshadows, 2 eyeliner pencils, 8 lip glosses, 8 blushes, and 4 bronzer shades.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...