Sephora.com, Inc.

Oct 30, 2012

Man beauty: why moisturizing can actually save you some cash

It's very easy for me to report my true feelings about beauty products to you.  I try to give every beauty product a fair chance before writing about it here on this page, so that the reviews are honest and, if all goes well, relatable.  But how can I possibly do men's reviews for you if I believe in trying the products out first?  Simple.  My boyfriend is regularly forced to try products out and give me his "review".  My boyfriend not being a man of many words, sometimes it's hard to squeeze the reviews out of him, but I manage to do it.  However, I can't get the guy to use moisturizer!  It's so frustrating.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the prospect of me looking youthful forever because I used moisturizer, and him looking like an old prune by the time he's 40 because he didn't.  But I still try to get him to use the stuff.  100% of the time I've failed.  (No worries, I still get him to use shampoos/conditioners/shave creams/etc.  Just no moisturizer yet.) 
So how on Earth do I pump out man reviews with the limitations I'm faced with?  I have to enlist the help of my male friends and friends' boyfriends in cases where lover-boy is uncooperative.  For this most recent moisturizer review (not a new product, but a classic that needs to be talked about) I enlisted the help of my friend Kevin and was surprised at the results.  Kev's girlfriend came to me looking for a good man-moisturizer with SPF in it, because his skin is on the fair side.  I thought it was just going to be an "oh yeah, my skin is softer" type of review, but I learned that moisturizing your face can actually save you some cash on razors too.  Here's what Kev had to say about Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturizer SPF20:

"I have been using the Jack Black Double-Duty Moisturizer Lotion and I’m pretty impressed.  For the longest time, I’ve been using {leaving brand name out here} Intensive Body & Face Lotion on my face as a pre-conditioner for shaving. The results are better than using only shaving cream and I was told it makes shaving easier.  However, the Jack Black Double-Duty Moisturizer Lotion is so much better than the old one.  I haven’t nicked in the two weeks I’ve been using it.  I nick often because of my drying acne soap, which gets to be very annoying because it’s an extra chore fixing my nicks, and of course it looks terrible. But the big surprise is that I haven’t changed my blade in about a month. 
So, the Jack Black moisturizer lotion’s benefits are no nicks and extended blade life?  That virtually pays for itself."

I should mention that I didn't tell Kev anything about how to use the lotion, just that Jack Black is a good line and that my BF loves the shave cream, so I was pleasantly surprised that the results were so good.  His girlfriend confessed to me that he's now a Jack Black convert and might try some of their other products.  Maybe I have a new guinea pig to try out my man products, so stay tuned!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...