Sephora.com, Inc.

Oct 24, 2019

Halloween makeup necessities, no matter your costume

Ok y'all! It's my favorite time of year. We are well into Spooky Season, just started Scorpio Season, and are a stone's throw from HALLOWEEN. As a makeup artist, I am absolutely obsessed with this holiday. It's the perfect time to throw on huge fake lashes, sparkly glitter eyeshadows, smokey eyes, you name it. Even if you're not super skilled with makeup, you can totally pull off popular looks this season, like Euphoria makeup.
I'm personally super inspired by the makeup that Jo Baker has been doing on Lucy Boynton lately. While Miss Baker is an incredibly skilled artist, you don't have to be to do your own spin on some of these looks for Halloween this year (or for Pride).  
Photo from Jo Baker's Instagram. She is a MUST FOLLOW for makeup inspo! 

I might try to recreate some of these makeup looks this year using Lime Crime Venus Vivid eyeshadow palette ($38). The pigments are outstanding, and I'm particularly enamored with the sparkly orangey-peach shade, Superbloom.





Since Euphoria makeup is all the rage, I'll probably be using the HipDot Crystals eyeshadow palette on a ton of clients this weekend! A lot more on Hipdot later, because I now have several of their palettes in my possession, but can we discuss how their palettes are only $30? Or you can buy multiple palettes for an even lower price. The pigments are so incredible that you don't even need a glitter primer to apply these. I swatched them below on my arm with zero primer and zero brushes. These swatches were just using my fingers to swipe them on my arm. There are so many cool, multi-faceted colors in the palette. I'm utterly smitten.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...