Sephora.com, Inc.

Jun 10, 2016

Benz On A Budget: Garnier Whole Blends

It's Real Talk time.  I'm having hair issues since moving from NYC to San Francisco.  They're mostly my own fault, but they are issues nonetheless.  First and foremost, I refuse to get new hair stylists even though I know there are plenty of excellent and qualified people out here.  I've been going to my colorist in New York for about 6 years now I think.  That's a long time to be with anyone.  She's given me chocolates, reds, blondes, peaches.  She's given me all the colors I've ever desired so how am I supposed to go to someone else now?  And forget about the major girl crush I have on the lovely lady that cuts my hair.  SHE IS FROM SCOTLAND, first of all, so I hang on every word she says in that amazing accent.  Not to mention she just gets me and all my random requests I walk in with.  She's funny.  I mean what more can I say?
So yeah.  While I'm not sad AT ALL to move to the best coast, I miss my hair girls.  So I haven't had a cut or color now in... months.  Not weeks.  Months.  My sister-in-law is an incredible hairstylist, but she's in LA and I have to figure out how to get down there and see her face.  (Plus my brother's face, and the sweet faces of their cute dachshunds).  I'm getting into a bit of a tangent here.  My point is my hair is toast.  My color is faded from the sun.  And the roots are too much... it hurts to even talk about them.  The ends are totally fried.  I'm in bad shape here.
Cue my budget-friendly saviors that are helping me until I can either get down to LA to see my sissy or find a suitable replacement for my stylists from New York.  Garner Whole Blends hair masks are saving my hair and my sanity at the moment.  There are 4 deep conditioning masks in the Whole Blends lineup, and they're all good.  I like the Color Care mask with Argan oil & cranberry, but since my color is totally shot at the moment, I'm really just focused on nourishing my ends.  These bad boys are RICH.  There's no dry hair situation in my life right now that these can't fix.  Best way to spend $7 that I can think of.      

Honey Treasures Repairing Mask
This is all about the honey, honey.  If you don't know about all the moisturizing (and delicious smelling) benefits of honey and royal jelly, this is a great foray into that world.  I would be lying to you if I didn't tell you I own tons of honey products, from affordable masks like this, to super expensive honey face masks.  I've never met a honey product I don't like.  

Nourishing Mask with Avocado & Shea Butter      
As you can imagine from the name, this mask is already incredibly hydrating.  Avocado also happens to be my favorite food in the whole world.  I used to try and put avocado in my hair at home but ended up just eating it all the time and not saving any for my hair... so this really is a problem solver for me.  Not to mention how expensive avocados are these days.  Why waste it in my hair when I can just eat it, and use this cheap mask in my hair?  Problem solved.    

Side note, I found this fun hair color on Insta and think this is going to be my new color.  Stay tuned for updates on all my hair trials and tribulations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...