Sephora.com, Inc.

Mar 25, 2016

Formula X #ColorCurators: Ballet Beautiful

The latest Formula X #ColorCurators collaboration is with the founder of Ballet Beautiful, Mary Helen Bowers.  I'm SO excited about this one, because, as a former dance teacher, this collection speaks to my soul.  I got to celebrate the launch yesterday with a Ballet Beautiful class with Mary Helen herself, and, while I'm sore today as I type this, I'm feeling inspired by the gorgeous Soho studio and the colors of the collection.  Satin Slippers is a pale, peachy pink that Mary Helen worked on matching EXACTLY to a pair of dance slippers.  Lilac Fairy was inspired by the famous Sleeping Beauty ballet; its colors, its tiaras, and all the amazing fantasies that this particular show encompasses.  Ballet Barre is a metallic grey that is inspired by, you guessed it, the barre.  The barre was important for Mary Helen to get in the collection because it is the root of all ballet practice.  
Check out the collection (at Sephora stores now!) below and some images from around the gorgeous Ballet Beautiful studio.    


From left to right: Satin Slippers, Lilac Fairy, and Ballet Barre








Wearing Ballet Barre on my hands, and Satin Slippers on my toes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...