Sephora.com, Inc.

Dec 31, 2015

Party Prep

Whether it's NYE you're excited for, or you have a big party or wedding coming up, your beauty prep might be pretty stressful.  Or you could be like me and actually love getting prepped for an upcoming event.  Believe it or not, even though I'm a beauty junkie, I'm NOT a morning person and it's actually pretty rare that I have the opportunity to get dressed/made up.  So when I do have the chance, I take it pretty seriously.  Here's my current prep routine for big parties/weddings/life events I have coming up:
Before the event:
HUM Nutrition
I've recently become hooked on HUM Nutrition's Red Carpet supplements.  My hair and nails have never looked better.  I've been wanting to try so many more of their supplements, so I took advantage of the holiday specials and got the Red Hot Holidays pack that includes Red Carpet and SkinnyBird.  Beauty starts from the inside, and while I eat pretty healthy in general, I still have my vices, so it can't hurt to supplement my diet.  One of my biggest issues in the past few years has been hair loss (due to some very lame birth control) and the Red Carpet supplements have been helping me get my hair back.  SkinnyBird is supposed to help curb stress eating- so rejoice!  I often fall victim to stress eats (aka eating my feelings) and that is when even the healthiest of eaters can fall flat on their faces.  The formula also contains green tea extract to help with metabolism, but, BONUS, is also really great for your skin.  The supplements are gluten-free and vegetarian, and they WORK.  So get on board with HUM Nutrition folks.  I'll definitely be trying some of their other formulas and letting you know how I like them!       

Grande Lash Eyelash and Eyebrow Serum
As a lover of lash extensions, my lashes definitely took a beating in 2015.  While I was not getting them done all the time, and only rocking them for special events, I still noticed my lashes were in need of serious help.  This stuff is seriously incredible.  While I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm using their primer and mascara during the day, and the Grande Lash Serum at night, or if it's just that the serum is AMAZING...but I can tell you that my lashes look amazing sans extensions.  I don't think I've ever actually said that before!  But they look way healthier than before I started using Grande Lash.  While it says it takes 6-8 weeks for you to really notice a difference, I noticed right away.  Maybe because my lashes were in such bad shape after the extensions, but I noticed that the lashes I lost after my extensions came back WAY faster, and came in longer.  I'd say if you have any spring weddings coming up, start using this now.  Or even use it if you don't have any events and just want stronger, healthier lashes.  Because why not?     
The night of the event:
Shu Uemura Straightforward Time-Saving Blow Dry Oil
It's all right there in the name, kids.  Why be stressed out on the day of a big event?  Especially if you're like me and aren't so great with the blowouts to begin with.  When I blow my hair out it usually involves ineptitude, sweating, and panicking, but this magical little bottle speeds up blow dry time, so at least the sweating and panicking part can be kept under wraps.  It can be used on wet or dry hair, and yes, it can be used with other hot styling tools.  It smells fantastic (obvs, it's Shu after all) and it's nourishing for the hair.  The best part for me, with my hair being on the thinner side, is that it's truly a DRY oil, so strands don't feel greasy.  You'd have to REALLY try hard to overdo it on this oil and make your hair look greasy.  The magical powers of this bottle come from Black Cumin Seed Oil, which is really having its moment in the spotlight right now.   
 
Kardashian Beauty 3-in-1 Ceramic Hairstyling Iron
Since we're on the subject of black seed oils, and since we're talking about being party-perfect, I'd like to share a new favorite in my hot tools arsenal.  The Kardashian Beauty 3-in-1 hair iron gives you that amazing Kardashian hair (whether you love or hate them, you have to admit their hair is GORGEOUS) and is actually infused with black seed oil.  What that means is whether you decide to go straight, wavy, or curly, your hair will be infused with awesome shine with each use.  It's absolutely reasonably priced for a ceramic hot tool, especially when you consider that it's 3 tools in 1, and great for travel for that same reason.  Not to mention it's just nice to look at, with its rose gold hardware.  Its earned its spot in my daily routine, but I'm excited to take this special tool with me for all the destination weddings I have to attend this year.  


The aftermath:
Garnier Micellar Water
I'm legitimately the WORST at taking my makeup off before bed if I'm tired.  Please don't revoke my beauty blogger card for saying this, but I am usually just so wiped out after a party that I just hit my mattress face-first.  In order to help with my little problem, I've started keeping cotton pads, skin cleansing wipes, and Micellar Water next to my bed.  Sure, it's not aesthetically pleasing to have a deranged pharmacy by your bedside, but it helps me avoid all the damage I can do if I forget to take my makeup off.  My newest Micellar Water love is Garnier's version.  It's budget-friendly, the bottle is nice and big, it's great for sensitive skin, and it gets off even some of my REALLY-hard-to-remove makeup.  What's not to love?

Rodial Super Acids X-treme Hangover Mask
I know I've mentioned before how good this mask is, but still, even after all the many, many, many masks I've used, this one is my favorite.  Though the name "hangover" implies that it's perfect post-party, I really need to start using this more often.  I know that the story behind the bottle is that it cleanses and exfoliates with fruit acids, but I can't help but think there's some magic in the bottle too.  Unicorn tears?  Fairy dust?  I have no idea, I just know it's amazing.  My skin feels fresh and clean after using, but not dry by any means.  It's utter perfection.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...