Sephora.com, Inc.

Sep 14, 2015

These Products Are Changing My Brow Game For The Better

As someone with about 0 eyebrows, and also minimal-to-no free time, the trend of big, fluffy eyebrows is a struggle for me.  I love an au natural brow look but was just not born with it.  I usually get my brows shaped and tinted at Wink Brow Bar, as I mentioned here on xojane, but I usually need a little boost in between visits, or when I'm just feeling I need a little extra oomph.
Me, with tinted brows.  Imagine how sparse they look before tinting?! 

I mentioned in the XoJane article, the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil is a must-have for me.  They formerly had 3 shades, but, as if all my prayers had been heard, they recently extended their shade range.  There are NINE shades now!  Now everyone is covered.  And I mean everyone.  As someone who likes to change up my hair color a lot, this is kind of big for me.  I was totally find with the Blonde pencil that I used to use, but now they have a Warm Blonde shade that is absolute perfection.      
After using Hourglass Arch Brow Pencil in Warm Blonde (this is a bit more than I'd normally wear, but it gives you an idea of the color).  

Here are the 9 shades that the pencil now comes in:
Platinum Blonde- for cool tones
Blonde- one of the originals, and still, in my opinion, a perfect taupe shade
Warm Blonde- for warmer tones and strawberry blondes
Auburn- for medium to dark reds
Soft Brunette- light to medium cool brown tones
Warm Brunette- warm medium brown
Dark Brunette- dark brown
Ash- grey haired gals, rejoice!  There is a pencil for you now!
Natural Black- darkest brown/black shades
My other favorite of the moment is Smashbox Brow Tech Gloss Stick.  I saw a friend wearing it recently and basically was going to rip her purse open and steal it from her.  I am obviously a great friend.  I had to know where one got a glossy brow pencil that stayed put and looked super natural.  If we care so much about the hair on our heads being glossy, one would think we'd care about our eyebrows being glossy as well.
Mostly makeup-free Monday!  Just a little glossy brow, courtesy of Smashbox.  

As someone who tends to go for more natural makeup looks, this pencil has been a daily staple.  I love layering it with other pencils or brow gels, or just wearing it on its own.  Using a glossy pencil gives the brows depth, and keep them from looking too penciled-in or uniform.  The key to natural makeup looks is depth and texture, because nobody's skin or hair is naturally monotone.
This pencil is available in Blonde, Taupe, Brunette, and Dark Brown.  I'm wearing Taupe in the picture above, but am totally buying Brunette as well so I can do a more dramatic (yet still natural) look for going out.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...