Sephora.com, Inc.

Jul 29, 2015

It's National Lipstick Day, So Let's Talk About A New Favorite

Was there ever a more perfect excuse to go to Sephora and go on a makeup binge than National Lipstick Day?  As if I actually need an excuse.  I happen to think NARS makes some of the most comfortable-to-wear lip colors in the game, and Urban Decay goes unrivaled, in my humble opinion, in the pigment game.  Illamasqua's lipstick in Box is the most perfect red that I've ever tried.  And when I want to feel luxurious (which is pretty much all the time), I reach for my Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope collection.  Those are my go-to's.  But today I need to tell you about a lip color that is trying to sneak up in the ranks, and trying to stay there permanently.

Temptu's new Color True lipsticks had me the minute I put them on.  The texture is this wonderful matte, but NOT DRY.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I have found a matte lip color that isn't drying.  I would've fallen in love with it for that reason alone, but it just so happened the first day I tried one of the colors I was doing a juice cleanse.  I was near death (and not at all dramatic) from not eating, but my lip color was on point ALL DAY.  I guzzled 6 juices that day and did not have to reapply my lipstick once.  I did not use a straw, people, I drank straight from the bottle.  No flaking, no feathering.  The lipstick performed brilliantly.  At least 8 hours of comfortable wear.  I have 3 of the 8 colors that it comes in, but now I'm thinking I need all the colors.
It comes in the following colors (from left to right in the picture above): Coral Blaze, Imperial Red, Rose Velveteen, Blushed Suede, Violet Storm, Pink Hype, Plush Plum, and Jet Rouge.

From left to right: Imperial Red, Violet Storm, and Plush Plum (on pretty tan skin since I just got back from vacation!)
Here I am, struggling through a juice cleanse, but loving Temptu Color True Lipstick in Imperial Red.  

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...