Sephora.com, Inc.

May 21, 2015

Non-Boring Ways To Incorporate Sunscreen Into Your Routine

Ah, sunscreen wear.  It's a little bit annoying, isn't it?  (Yeah, I said it).  But it is a necessary evil.  I happen to be really sensitive to sunscreen, so I'm constantly looking for new/different ways to incorporate it into my routine in the hopes that I can avoid itchiness, burning, redness, or skin irritation of any kind.  Sun protection technology has gotten super efficient and convenient over the years, so I've put together a list of my favorite sun-safe products.
Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion 
Yes, I do love anything in a pink bottle, but that's not what this is about!  This is more skincare than suncare, so skin feels moisturized after use, rather than irritated.  This is an all-mineral, non-chemical SPF 30 product, while somehow being lightweight and easily blendable so it doesn't leave behind a yucky white residue.  Tarte's "skinvigorating™" formula is made of maracuja, apple, soybean, red algae and honeysuckle extract for a plethora of skincare benefits.  Dark spots, wrinkles, and many other side effects from the sun are combatted both with the skincare formula and the added sun protection.  Not to mention it smells good and doesn't smell like a typical sunscreen.       

La Roche-Posay Anthelios AOX Daily Antioxidant Serum with Sunscreen SPF 50
Another great antioxidant formula is this La Roche-Posay AOX serum.  With this formula you get all the benefits of a serum (which you should be using in your skincare routine anyways), but with added SPF50 benefits.  Aka, it's a two-in-one, so save yourself some time in the morning, and money, and just use this instead of multiple products.  Don't be fooled by its light weight though, it's packed with good-for-you skincare ingredients like Vitamin Cg and Vitamin E.  Plus, like all La Roche-Posay products, it's great for sensitive skin because it's free of parabens, fragrances, and other icky stuff.    

Susan Posnick Brush On Block 
I've now used all types of liquid and oil forms of sunblock, but this is the first powder sun protection I've ever heard of.  This product was actually brought to my attention for the most random of reasons. My desk at work has a giant window, and while my computer blocks most of the sunlight from my face and body, my mouse hand is basically in the sun all day if it's shining.  I didn't want to use a typical sunscreen all over my hand and then accidentally rub it in my eyes.  Someone suggested this to me as something I can brush on my hand and never have to apply with my fingers.  After applying to the back of my hand once I realized that I couldn't just let the fun end there, and now I'm using it on my face every day.  It's a natural, mineral sunscreen, but so portable since it's in this brush form.  You have no excuse to not carry it on you, so you can always stay protected.  And no white stuff!  You can wear it over or under makeup, but I like to use it as a finishing powder, the same way I'd use any other powder makeup, except this one protects.      


Nios Shield Leave-In Conditioner 
Ok so I know a leave-in doesn't sound like it's reinventing the wheel, but this product is actually for your SCALP.  I have had exactly 1 scalp burn in my life, and I refuse to repeat that experience.  I thought I had done everything right by putting sunblock on my face, and a sun protection in my hair, but I put nothing on the severe side part that I had made in my hair, and I suffered the consequences. NEVER AGAIN.  Nios Shield leave-in has got my back though.  I came to the website for an awesome leave-in, and stayed for the scalp protection.  This is one of those leave-in's that is awesome and lightweight, leaving your hair frizz-free for summer, so you wouldn't even know that it's protecting your scalp too.  It's got Argan oil, which we know is key for moisturizing while still being lightweight, but the SPF protects your scalp AND your hair color, so everybody is winning.  Simply spray it on to the hair, including the roots and scalp, and you're golden.  You can use on wet or dry hair.  It's pretty much perfection.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...