Sephora.com, Inc.

May 22, 2015

My Vacation Beauty Essentials For Costa Rica

I am jumping out of my skin with excitement for my upcoming Costa Rica trip!  I started mentally packing weeks ago, but now that the trip is only a day away, I can actually start physically packing my suitcase.  First and foremost on my one-track mind is what beauty products I will be taking with me.  For clothing I will be packing little else besides bathing suits and a couple dresses, but my beauty blogger brain will not allow me to go lightly on the products.

Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It (H)air Styler 
Normally the order that I put these in means nothing, but not this time.  This product is first because, not only is it going to make my life so easy in Costa Rica, but because even when I come back this product is my #BAE.  I know "undone" hair is trending right now, but since that's how I like to live my life regardless of whether it's cool or not, I have a feeling this is going to be my go-to for a long, long time.  Basically it's a cream that makes air-dried hair look flawless.  It is formulated with lightweight polymers to enhance hair texture, without weighing it down or feeling to product-laden.  Great for soft, bouncy curls, or to scrunch into straight or wavy hair for a beachy feel.  It has plant-based conditioners in it, like cactus flower and prickly pear, that allow the hair to dry smoothly.  Cause that's the biggest problem with air-drying, isn't it?  The frizz.  Well they've taken care of that, and they've also added UV filters to protect the hair from sun damage.  All in a lightweight cream with of bumble's typically fresh-smelling scents.  It's recommended for fine to medium hair, like mine, so I will clearly be luxuriating poolside all summer long with this in my hair.  

Sun Bum 3 in 1 Leave In
This is basically the only other thing I'll be putting in my hair the whole trip.  It's all about the UV protection this week.  And to help my hair survive 5 days of salt water, sand, heat, and chlorine.  This super-moisturizing leave-in conditioner is formulated with coconut oil, banana (from the pulp, the peel, and the leaf), quinoa protein, and sunflower seed oil.  I plan on leaving vacation with hair that's healthier than when I got there.

Tata Harper Iridescent Revitalizing Body Oil
My beauty routine will clearly be pretty low key while I'm there, but I am going with my boyfriend, so hopefully some romantic dates will ensue.  For those occasions, I'm fully prepared to have gorgeous, bronze limbs courtesy of this product.  It's a super lightweight oil (seriously, it's almost water-like) that absorbs right into the skin leaving you hydrated, but not greasy.  There's so many great ingredients, so I won't bore you with a full list, and will just give some highlights.  Calendula and Arnica oil help inflammation and puffiness, rose extract helps with skin elasticity, and apricot kernel oil nourishes.  It gives a subtle bronze glow, and is enhanced with their best-selling Love Potion aromatherapy.  The scent comes from 10 essential oils that are known aphrodisiacs (hey, don't judge.  I'm on vacation!) including jasmine, sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, and violet leaf, to name a few. I won't just look good, I'll smell good too.  There's no shame in my game.  

Privai Calming Aloe Hydrator
While I fully intend to protect my skin from the sun, there are always some snafus that happen in life.  Sunburns, bug bites, wind burn, and any other random skin irritation could happen so I'm taking this stuff with me.  I usually take aloe with me on vacation, but I'm a convert since I discovered this formula that is infused with sodium hyaluronate.    

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid 
Obviously we need to take sunscreen, kids.  There's no other way.  This one is a personal favorite because, besides the fact that it's super small and portable, the name is not misleading.  It's one of the lightest sunscreens I've found.  See how they don't even call it lotion?  They call it fluid because it's so light!  It's not just that it's so light that makes it amazing for the face though.  It also dries to more of a matte finish that most sunscreens you've probably used, so you don't have to walk around with a greasy face all day.  Maybe it's because the formula has a reduced number of ingredients from a lot of the sunscreens on the market, to make it easier to tolerate for the sensitive skin folks out there, like myself.  

Alba Botanica spray sunscreens
I'll be damned if I could choose just one, so I'm just bringing a bunch of them.  Alba is a brand I know and trust so that I'm not putting any weird chemicals on my body.  Plus they're inexpensive!  I just get all my Alba at Whole Foods, or a local drugstore wherever I'm at, and I'm golden.  (Literally in this case).  For this trip I picked up the Active Kids Clear Spray, because I figure there will be some sort of activity that I engage in besides lying by the pool, and my skin is fairly sensitive so you can't lose with a kid's formula.  I'm also bring the Fragrance Free Clear Spray because I have no idea what the bug situation will be on any of our excursions, so I am guessing it can't hurt to have.  And last, but not least, I'm bringing the Hawaiian Clear Spray Sunscreen because I'm obsessed with their entire Hawaiian line.  The whole line has ingredients like coconut, green tea, pineapple, and hibiscus, all of which have great skincare benefits on top of being a nice natural option.  This sunscreen has coconut, avocado, ginseng, and shea butter, so you're getting a truly good-for-you skincare experience along with your sun protection.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...