Sephora.com, Inc.

Mar 12, 2015

Get It Before It's Gone: Stila Convertible Color Palette


Sometimes I'm late to adopt a beauty product that everyone already knows about.  Maybe I think I don't need it in my arsenal, or it's too expensive.  Whatever the case may be, I didn't pick up a limited edition Stila Convertible Color Palette when it came out, and now, after I got the message LOUD AND CLEAR during Fashion Week that I must have it, I scrambled to get one before it's sold out.  It's one thing when you see a few artists backstage carrying common items in their kits, but when Sarah Lucero (amazing makeup artist and Global Director of Creative Artistry at Stila) uses an item at every single fashion show she does?  Well, that's when I start to pay attention.  It's $49 and has 12 awesome shades that can be used on the lips or the cheeks.  Sign me up.    

Banana Republic Fall 2015:
Lucero used Stay All Day 10-in-1 Illuminating Beauty Balm, Major MAJOR Lash Mascara, Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Sienna, and Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color.  She used Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Tesoro for this incredible coral-y red pop lip color, and then used the Convertible Color Palette on each girl in a shade that complemented both their skin tone, and the pop lip color.  




Photo courtesy of Stila

Alice + Olivia Fall 2015:
A very different look at A+O, but I bet you can guess what the common denominator is.  This time Lucero opted for a lip color using Acai Crush lip stain, but the Convertible Color Palette was still the star backstage.


Photo courtesy of Stila
I'm not going to bore you with all the details of every show this palette was used in, because I think you're getting the idea... but if you need more proof, here's it being used at Clover Canyon and the ever-popular shade Camellia being used at Rebecca Minkoff.
Clover Canyon pic courtesy of Stila 

Rebecca Minkoff pic courtesy of Stila 
And here is my beauty in real life, because I obviously had to immediately run out and buy it.

From left to right: Lillium, Magnolia, Tulip, Camellia, Peony, Rose

From left to right: Gladiola (which is maybe my favorite), Peach Blossom, Hibiscus, Gerbera, Petunia, Fuchsia

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...