Sephora.com, Inc.

Jan 22, 2015

Dry winter skin is no match for these skincare products


I used to walk around NYC looking like a scaly mutant during winter months.  Chapped skin around my red nose.  Breakouts even though my skin was dry.  Flakiness everywhere you can think of.  Those days are long gone my friends.  I've certainly learned some tricks along the way, but I would be lying if I didn't confess that I have an arsenal of awesome products that help me during these colder months (and beyond).  Some are new, some are old classics, but all of them are top notch.  
Dr Jart Ceramidin Balm ($35)
I've been a long time fan of Dr Jart so my opinions may be slightly biased, but I was supremely excited to hear about the newest addition to the Ceramidin line.  If you haven't tried any of the other products in the line, stop right now and go out to get the Ceramidin Liquid and you can thank me later.  Ceramides are essential lipids found in the surface layer of the skin that help retain moisture, but, like everything else in life, is affected negatively as we age. Over time if ceramides aren't replaced you can experience all sorts of fun stuff like dryness, sensitivity, you name it.  Ceramidin Oil Balm is a multi-use balm made with condensed ceramides and 9 vegetable oils to help with problem skin. It starts out as a solid balm, but with the heat of your hands it changes into a lightweight oil (read: absorbs right into the skin without leaving gross residue).  Of course it moisturizes and helps replenish ceramides in your skin, but it's surprisingly also anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and helps control sebum production.  Not what you normally think of when you hear about an oil.  Use it on your face, your cuticles, your hair.  Wherever you can think of.  I even used it on my lips the other night, even though I don't know if you're supposed to do that!  Bonus: it smells good and is great for sensitive skin because it's formulated without parabens, artificial fragrances or sulfates.
Caudalie Premier Cru The Elixir ($99)
Speaking of oils that will blow your socks off, this serum/dry oil combo from Caudalie is pretty incredible.  You can't really call it an oil because it's so light, so "elixir" is the perfect way to say it.  It's made up of a blend of Caudalie's three signature patents; Resveratrol, Viniferine, and Polyphenols, combined with 5 plant oils.  The resveratrol is all about youthful skin and increasing your skin cell's natural turnover.  The Viniferine helps even out the skin tone and get rid of pesky dark spots.  The Polyphenols (derived from grape seed) protects the skin against external aggressors and helps maintain natural levels of hyaluronic acid.  It sinks into the skin so quickly it feels like nothing is there, but you'll see the payoffs with continued use, and this one smells good too!  It's got the classic scent from the Premier Cru products you already know and love, so I like to use this on my skin and hair.
Jason Coconut Oil ($10.25)
Coconut oil is really getting its time in the sun lately.  People are discovering its amazing beauty benefits, but some of us lucky folks have known about it for years.  Use it on your face, your body, your hair, your lips.  Wherever you can think, use coconut oil.  Hell, you can literally bathe in it.  You can eat it too and it will make you pretty from the inside, out.  I've tried all different types, but anytime I'm at Whole Foods I'll pick up some from Jason, because it's one of my favorite au natural beauty brands.  You'll find nothing in this tub but 100% virgin, organic Coconut Oil.  No funny stuff.  I like to use it as a hair mask before I shampoo to help avoid static this time of year.  I also really like mixing this with a little Sugar In The Raw and use as a scrub on my skin (lips included!).   

HydroPeptide Solar Defense ($44) 

Because let's face it kids, just because the sun isn't beaming down on us, doesn't mean we don't still need to protect ourselves from the sun's rays.  This isn't your run-of-the-mill zinc oxide though.  This is a non-greasy sun protection formula that self-adjusts to the color of your skin so you don't have to deal with chalky residue.  It's actually a nice, matte finish because of the oil-free formula, but skin won't feel dry because it has Hyaluronic Acid, Acai, and Green Tea.  Aloe helps to soothe the skin as well.  It's pretty much the most well-rounded UVA/UVB protection I've worn on my skin during the day (not counting beach days, of course).  No parabens, sulfates, or gluten in this formula, so it's great for sensitive skin as well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...