Sephora.com, Inc.

Dec 30, 2014

NYE party prep

There is much that I love about New Year's Eve.  The partying, obviously, the time with loved ones, the midnight kiss, and the hope of great things to come in the upcoming year.  Strangely (or maybe not strangely if you know me and read this blog) one of my favorite things about it is the beauty prep-work.  It's rare these days for me to have time to do anything but a 5-minute-makeup routine, so the prospect of getting all dolled up for a night out is thrilling to me.  Here are my beauty prep essentials for pre, during, and post NYE party action.   
Some of these items are a no-brainer for holiday party makeup, but some are those items that you don't even want to use because they look so pretty.  I have a love/hate relationship with things like that because I buy them but then never want to destroy the beautiful makeup that lies inside.  Dolce & Gabbana Beauty's holiday collection includes limited editions of The Illuminator ($51) embossed with an ancient coin pattern, The Perfect Mono Eyeshadow in the new Pure Bronze and Pure Gold shades ($36 each), and The Nail Lacquer in Lover ($25).  I can't wait to look like a golden goddess on New Year's with a sophisticated pop of red on the nails. 


Bliss Rock The Party set ($45 @ Sephora)
This kit is like a before-and-after kit for NYE for me.  I love that it gets me ready for NYE, but is also awesome for the day after hangover that will ultimately ensue.  I started using the fatgirlslim and the high intensity hand cream in this kit a few days ago to make my skin all soft & supple for the big evening.  With one day to go, I'm going to use the triple oxygen instant energizing mask so my skin is super fresh (and let's be honest, I'll probably use it again tomorrow because it makes my skin feel so darn good).  I could use the amazing triple oxygen instant energizing eye masks the day of, but I'm totally saving them for January 1st when I plan on sleeping in and watching the boob-tube all day.    
  
Skyn Iceland Face Lift In A Bag ($19.50
This is for the day of.  If you haven't tried any of Skyn Iceland's Hydro-Cool gels yet, then you are really missing out on a fun spa-at-home time.  This set has 3 different kinds of gels, one for the forehead, one for the eyes, and one for the smile lines.  The gels are not only awesomely cooling to get rid of any puffiness before or after a big night out, but they have plumping ingredients that decrease the appearance of fine lines.  Basically you can reverse the effects of a wild night in a matter of minutes, which is exactly how I intend to spend January 1st.   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...