Sephora.com, Inc.

Dec 22, 2014

Makeup Palette Hoarding + Julep Sweep Photogenic Palette


Do you suffer from palette hoarding like I do?  Well, I'm going to make your life a little harder if that's the case.  If you're anything like me, you're about 1 palette away from A) your boyfriend leaving you (#cohabitationproblems) &/or B) getting buried alive under a pile of your eyeshadow collection and nobody will find you until after New Year's.  I will find a way to justify ever last palette, too.  Clearly I needed the Naked2 Basics palette, because the shades are cooler than the original Naked Basics.  I mean, my eyes are green, I NEED COOL SHADES.  So I realize that this newest palette recommend may seem a little overzealous of me and like I'm trying to project my eyeshadow issues on to you, sweet readers.  But I REALLY like this one by Julep!  I might be biased because I've recently become a fan of their makeup brushes and the new Sweep Photogenic Palette comes with a double-ended brush, but I also like it because I needed to diversify my eyeshadow portfolio a bit.  Sure, I have plenty of palettes to accommodate natural makeup looks, and I have my nighttime drama go-to's (which almost all contain purple and grey shades).  But the reason I'm into this palette is because of the earthy tones.  Can we discuss this color Sepia that is smack-dab in the middle?  It's so pretty!  I'm also really into the green shade, Debut.  It's a nice combo of matte and shimmery shades that can take you from day to night.  There's also an anti-aging/smoothing complex in the shadows (Power Cell Complex) so it gives a pretty smooth, airbrushed-style finish.           
Colors from left to right: Flash, Gala, Focus, Pose, Filter, Sepia, Icon, Selfie, Debut, Star, and Fame

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...