Sephora.com, Inc.

Dec 19, 2014

Holiday season is the best season to buy expensive skincare products

Ok so if you're like me and love skincare products, but hate the price tags, now is the time to buy.  I say this because 1) my skin needs a little extra lovin during these harsh winter months, and 2) skincare gift sets!  Nothing I love more than getting $30-$50 off a gift set that would cost me close to $200 if I bought all the products separately.  In my mind, it's like getting a full-size product for free.  But hey, don't take my word for it, because I will clearly use any excuse possible to buy good skincare products. These are the value sets I currently have my eyes on:
Tata Harper Limited Edition Night Out Essentials Collection $140 ($190 value)
Come for the Love Potion, stay for the Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint.
The Love Potion is a fabulous aromatherapy treatment that you can apply to the wrists, neck, and wherever else to feel instant sex appeal.  It's a combo of 10 essential oils that are said to be aphrodisiacs.  While I'm no expert in that department (*wink), I know that the combo of Jasmine, Rose, Grapefruit, Orange Peel (& more) is simply fabulous.  It's not overly perfume-y… just kind of like oh I naturally smell awesome.  Think French girl with tousled hair that doesn't have to put in any effort to look like a model.  Anyhoo, you've already fallen in love with the Love Potion, but the Tint is spectacular for its own reasons.  It's 100% natural.  Totally free of synthetics, synthetic fragrances, parabens, etc.  It has natural pigments to give you an irresistible flush, but it also contains amino acids from Spanish Lavender to plump up your cheeks.  Simultaneously anti-aging AND pretty, while being natural.  That's hard to come by my friends.  I think you'll be amazed when you try it.
The kit also contains Regenerating Cleanser, Resurfacing Mask, and Beautifying Face Oil.  The result of these products all together is an irresistible glow.  Pores are minimized, skin is luminous, and you smell good too!  Available on TataHarperSkincare.com.


Best of Darphin set $195 ($225 value)
Come for the 8-flower Nectar Elixir Oil, stay for the Aromatic Cleansing Balm with Rosewood.
If you're a fan of face oils, but you don't know about the 8-Flower Nectar, you need to get on it.  Actually even if you're NOT a fan of face oils, you need to get on it, because this could be the one to change your mind.  (If it doesn't, then I'm afraid nothing will).  Clearly you can tell from the name that it blends together the goodness of 8 different flowers that they ethically source (Lavender, Jasmine, Iris, Neroli, etc), but what really seals the deal for me is how it sinks into the skin.  Most of my face oils I reserve for night use because I can't go out of the apartment looking greasy, but this one I can actually use during the day.  It sinks in so well that I can even wear it during summertime during the day.  BOOM.  That's pretty amazing if you ask me.  Ok are you sold on the Nectar?  Because we must discuss the Aromatic Cleansing Balm with Rosewood.  Ladies and gents, this cleanser is simply a treat.  It's like being at the spa (but really I'm in a 1 bedroom Manhattan apartment that's a glorified closet).  This Marula Oil, Sage, Ylang Ylang, and Rosewood balm goes onto the skin and traps all the little impurities in your pores, and then once you add water it turns into a lightweight milky consistency.  When you wash it off your skin feels clean and smooth, but somehow not oily or dry.  It just feels good and smells good.
The set also includes Stimulskin Plus Multi-Corrective Cream.  Available on Darphin.com.


Kate Somerville Simply Glowing Kit - $105 ($166 value)
Come for the ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment, stay for the Dilo Oil.
Look, some brands just achieve cult status because they deserve it.  When models, bloggers, editors, and celebs all flock to certain brands, there's something to it.  I will admit that I was a little late to the game with Kate Somerville products, but I'm fully on board now.  ExfoliKate is super popular because it exfoliates the skin without being harsh or drying.  You're just left with clean skin, rather than irritated or dry skin.  It has papaya, pumpkin, and pineapple enzymes, as well as lactic acid, which exfoliate dead skin cells, without stripping the good skin cells.  Rosewood and cinnamon increase healthy circulation, while honey, vitamins A, C, & E, and aloe vera all protect your skin's natural protective barrier.  If you know about Kate Somerville products enough to know about ExfoliKate, then you probably already know about Dilo Oil as well, but like I said, I'm late to the party.  This 100% natural formula is a super-nourishing blend of Dilo Oil from Fiji, marine extracts, pumpkin seed extract, rice brand, and rosemary leaf extract.  It absorbs quickly into the skin (another one I can actually wear during the daytime) to help strengthen its natural barrier, restore elasticity, and, duh, fights against wrinkles.  You can use it on your hair, as well as your skin, which I frequently want to do because it smells so damn good.  I actually want to bathe in it, but I'm not a baller like that, so I'll stick to using a drop at a time for now.
The kit also comes with a Gentle Daily Wash.  Available at Nordstrom, Sephora, and KateSomerville.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...