Sephora.com, Inc.

Jul 9, 2014

Beauty By Benz Approved: Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

A lot of powders come across my desk.  Full coverage, next-to-nothing coverage.  Some are that chalky white stuff that became the nightmare of Angelina Jolie, and some are a “one shade fits all” kind of lackluster beige tone.  (On what planet do “universal” shades really work?)  I’m actually not a giant fan of loose powders, but when I do makeup for weddings and/or photoshoots, the stuff is pretty much a necessity.  When I have used powders in the past, you can guarantee it was always begrudgingly.  I even prefer cream blushes and bronzers to the powder ones.  Until, one day, a jar of the Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder fell into my lap.  Life was subsequently altered forever.  I’ve used it almost every single day since I first tried it (with the exception of lazy Sundays where not a stitch of makeup touches my face).  I find EXCUSES to wear it, that’s how much I love it.  I use it on clients for their weddings.  I recommend it to friends.  IT’S THAT GOOD.  
So I’m sure you’re curious as to WHY I’m so obsessed with this powder if I’ve never liked a powder before.  Generally my disdain for loose powders is the texture and the way it falls into all your little fine lines/wrinkles, making you look older.  It usually feels heavy &/or cakey on my skin, which is something I just can’t get on board with.  Well THIS STUFF doesn’t feel like that at all.  It’s the finest powder I’ve ever felt touch my skin.  Seriously people, I have no idea how they got those particles to be so small.  It’s something about how the powder is “jet-milled”.  I’m not even going to pretend to know what that means.  But I know my love for this stuff doesn’t end with the texture.  Because let’s be serious, makeup is about how it looks way more than how it feels.  Well, you’re welcome, because it looks amazing.  It automatically gives you this blurred, airbrushed, soft-focus effect that normally you would need a professional photo retoucher to achieve.  I’m not Kim Kardashian, so nobody is trying to airbrush out my lumps and bumps, and I need all the help that I can get.  The finish is just perfectly natural, not overly done.  People will wonder if you’re wearing makeup or not, so we’ll keep this little secret between us.  I hate to break the news to Urban Decay, but the jar is pretty darn large.  It’s going to take me a while to get through it, even using it almost daily.  I almost feel like I’m ripping them off somehow.  Is that weird?  I don’t know if I should be putting these things out into the universe because I NEVER, EVER want this powder to go away.  It’s been a life-saver in these sticky summer months. 
Just a few sidebars before I let you go run off and buy a jar of your own:
-It’s free of all the yucky stuff.  No parabens or sulfates here.
-Alcohol-free, oil-free, and fragrance-free.  Great for sensitive skin types!
-Comes in five shades, which are pretty all-encompassing.  Urban Decay does a great job at realizing that we live in 2014 and people don’t fit into a one-shade-fits-all box.
-Shameless Urban Decay plug here: It happens to work incredibly well with Naked Skin Liquid, which is a favorite of mine.  The shades of the powder correspond with foundation shades, in case you’re more of a makeup rookie.  (ex: I wear a 4.5 in the Naked Skin Liquid, so I use Naked Medium in the powder).     
-Inside there’s a sifter (in the shape of the UD icon) to make sure you’re dispensing the right amount each time.  No worries about it being all over the bottom of your purse.
So I can talk about the stuff all day, but you really need to try it for yourself.  Urban Decay is often at the forefront of the “cool shit” department in my opinion, but I have to say this really took me by surprise.  Next time you see me, pay no mind to the fact that my skin looks flawless.  It’s just because I’m wearing my new favorite powder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...