Sephora.com, Inc.

Jun 6, 2014

Illamasqua Summer collection


Matte makeup is my jam.  I know people are super into dewy skin, so may be scared of matte makeup, but there's no need to be.  You can still look natural and luminous if you have some matte products in your arsenal.  In fact, matte shadows crease less than sparkly ones, and are less likely to settle into your fine lines around your eyes.  Anyhoo, I'm not here to talk about matte makeup in general, I'm here to talk specifically about some new Illamasqua products that just launched that I am already in love with.  I must admit I'm biased since I've been a fan of Illamasqua since they ventured over here from England, but I have a feeling that these new summer products are going to find a permanent home in my makeup rotation.
Velvet Blusher in Flirtatious ($26)
This is the newest shade from the Velvet Blusher line, which is a line of cream-to-powder finish blushes that are long-wearing and highly pigmented.  Aka, a little goes a long way.  This shade is great for a subtle flush of color, just in time for the warm weather.  And like all Illamasqua products, it’s buildable in case you are looking for a more intense pink.  People who are a little afraid of blush will like this universally flattering shade, just start with a small amount of product and work your way up to the desired intensity.  This product can be applied with your fingers or with a brush.  I happen to love the Illamasqua brushes for blending blush colors into my cheeks, so that it’s blended into the skin rather than having a harsh line. 
Matte Lip Liquid (($26 each)
This new product is pretty brilliant.  It’s like a lipgloss consistency, rather than a lipstick, but it dries down to the most perfect matte finish.  It’s water-resistent, long-wearing, and intensely pigmented, but it doesn’t feel dry on your lips.  I personally like applying it to the lips with the applicator brush it comes with, but patting it into my lips with my fingers before it dries to give a perfectly airbrushed finish.  There’s 3 shades; Forbidden (bright pink), Surrender (pale peachy-pink), and Exotic (a coral-y orange that happens to be my favorite shade of the collection). 


1 comment:

  1. Exotic has so much vibrance. Definitely my fave out of the swatch.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...