Sephora.com, Inc.

Apr 13, 2014

Benz on a budget: current drugstore faves

I've been traveling a lot as of late, and making frequent trips to the travel-size section for mini bottles of lotions and potions.  I use this as a thinly-veiled excuse to head to the drugstore and buy more products that I don't need.  You know how I operate.  I do have to say that I've fallen in love with some drugstore goodies that I'm excited to share with you.  Check out my new favorites:
TRESemme Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray ($4.99)
As the name indicates, this spray is infused with keratin proteins to build strong, shiny hair.  But, unlike some other keratin-infused products, this one doesn't weight my hair down or feel greasy.  It's the perfect lightweight spray that is just small enough to keep in my desk drawer at work, but big enough to last through several uses, and it smells fantastic. 
NUANCE Salma Hayek Soy Protein Primer Spray ($9.99)
The whole concept of hair primers is an interesting one to me, because it's something you don't NEED, but why wouldn't you want to extend the life of your style you worked so hard on?  This particular one is the most affordable I've found (by a long-shot) and has a ton of Mother Nature's best ingredients to help improve hair health with continued use.  Acai oil protects, Cornflower extract soothes, soy proteins smooth, and honey heals.  The end result is hair that's stronger, shinier, and styles are extended.  Definitely worth ten bucks in my book.   



Salon Grafix Play It Big Volumizing Dry Shampoo ($9.99 full size, $3.99 travel size)
I go nowhere without dry shampoo.  I have about 4 different kinds in my apartment at all times, I keep one in my desk drawer at work, and I CERTAINLY wouldn't consider traveling without taking one with me.  Though I have some pricey ones on my list of dry shampoos I love, I also don't think you need to pay a fortune to find a good one.  This Salon Grafix version is pretty stellar because of its price, and because it comes in colors.  Brunettes need not fear the dreaded white powder anymore.  These guys come in brown, blonde, black, and in clear, so nobody needs to deal with the white residue.  Also, they contain a keratin protein complex, so you're actually helping to strengthen the hair while extending the life of your hair style.  
Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe Sea Salt Texturising Spray ($16.99 full size)
As the weather gets warmer, beach waves are a top priority in my mind, but if I'm being honest they're on my mind year round.  This spray is a necessity if you're planning on rocking the beach waves, or if you've got some weddings coming up this summer.  Most people think sea salt sprays are just for waves, but these sprays add necessary texture if you're looking to do a fun braid or an up-do for an event.  It gives you just enough grit to hold your style throughout the night, and doesn't leave it feeling heavy or weighed down.  I love it for the volume, the texture, and the price.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...