Sephora.com, Inc.

Sep 2, 2013

Current favorites (Glowing skin edition)




My mission for glowing skin is a constant.  Though I'll test out many different products for my dear readers, my go-to look is one that is dewy and glowy, regardless of what the current trend is.  It's quick, it's easy, it's natural, and it's my fave.  Here are my current favorites for a dewy glow: 
Josie Maran Coconut Cheek Gelee ($22)
Contrary to popular belief, a natural makeup look requires blush.  People blush, so the most natural makeup looks don't cover up flushed cheeks, they replicate them.  Gel blushes are preferable to powder blushes when it comes to a natural look.  Right now I'm really into Josie Maran's Coconut Cheek Gelee because it's gel texture looks and feels SO natural on the skin.  The formula is infused with 50% coconut water, which cools and hydrates the skin, along with Josie's fave ingredient; Argan Oil.  This product gives moisture and color all day long, in a sheer, buildable formula.     
Dr. Jart CC Essence Balm ($42)
When it comes to CC creams, this one is quite different from the others.  CC creams are usually "color correctors", and tend to feel a little more full-coverage, but in Dr. Jart's world, CC stands for "complete care" instead.  It's free of nasties like mineral oil, formaldehyde, or anything that's derived from animals, and in the place of those products it has 7 vitamins to nourish the skin.  It also has sunscreen to prevent dark spots or other sun damage, as well as botanicals to soothe the skin. It's a serum-based skincare formula, so it's more about lightweight skincare treatment than it is about heavy color. 
Jouer lip gloss in Malibu ($20) 
This formula looks pretty bright pink in the bottle, but the formula is sheer and lightweight enough to give you that just-had-a-popsicle wash of color.  It doesn't dry your lips out, thanks to Jojoba oil, Vitamin E, and Shea Butter.  It's sort of everything I want in a lip gloss.    
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere ($4.50) 
I've been sort of obsessed with this pencil since I got it in the NYX Parallel Worlds Box that was inspired by the Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones movie that is out right now.  I've discovered that this light gold shade can be used as an eyeshadow, a highlighter, or on the waterlines (inner rims) of the eyes.  This is my latest bright-eye trick because it's less jarring than white on the inside of the eyes, and since my eyes are a hazely-green, the gold really emphasizes the color.   
Jouer Highlighter in Tiare ($20) 
Ok, I know that there are 2 Jouer products on this list, but quite frankly they're one of the best brands out there for easy breezy makeup.  I love their highlighters, but I tend to go for the Champagne color because it's a rosey pink.  I've recently discovered the gold shade, Tiare, and have been a golden Goddess ever since.  Between the golden eye pencil and the golden highlighter you'd think it would be a gold overdose, but they're both so subtle that it just gives me a hint of warmth, which I will certainly be needing now that the weather is starting to cool down for fall.  



1 comment:

  1. I really like those jumbo pencils. I have the same but never thought about using it in the waterline! Thanks for the tip! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...