Sephora.com, Inc.

Aug 10, 2013

Are you excited to try Marc Jacobs Beauty?

I must admit that when I heard Marc Jacobs was launching a collection at Sephora, I didn't want it to be good.  I just didn't think my wallet could take the hit.  I wanted it to be like a cheesy capsule collection that I could live without.  But no.  Of course it's a FULL collection (eyes, lips, complexion, brows... you name it) and even if I could resist some of the items, I can't resist all of them.  
 We all know that Marc Jacobs creates legendary designs, so why would this be any different?  This is a really well thought out collection, not something that was haphazardly thrown together.  I think the items that I'm most excited about are the smart complexion products: the Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation with Buoyancy Gel technology so that it never settles into fine lines or large pores, the Remedy Concealer Pen with anti-aging ingredients with a cooling palladium applicator to reduce puffiness in a RANGE of shades (not just 3 cheesy light, medium, dark shades like a lot of other brands do), and Perfection Powder Featherweight Foundation to finish your look off with shades that correspond to the Genius Gel Foundation in case you want to pair them together.

Other things of note that you'll need to check out in the collection?  We must start with Blacquer, which is the blackest, shiniest black. He was so excited about this shiny black that he made it in a Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Eyeliner, Lash Lifter Gel Volume Mascara, and a Highliner Gel Crayon.  Also on the list to check out is Lust for Lacquer Lip VinylStyle Eye-Con No. 3 and No. 7Plush Shadow, and Mega Bronze Perfect Tan.
 
Marc’s personal favorites from the collection are called "Boy Tested. Girl Approved.", which includes Lip Lock Moisture BalmBrow TamerGrooming Gel, and the Remedy Concealer Pen.
 
I personally don't need another makeup brush, but OF COURSE a collection this well-rounded would have makeup brushes to go with all of these new formulas he's come up with: Face I, Face II, The Blush, and The Bronze.

So bottom line, I think I'm going to be forced to try some of this stuff out, especially the complexion products.  My poor wallet.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...