Sephora.com, Inc.

Jun 25, 2013

Because daily SPF is essential

Confession time: I hate wearing SPF.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I shellac the stuff on because I know that it's important.  But I still hate it.  I hate the way SPF products smell, and they tend to irritate my skin &/or break me out.  But continuous UV exposure causes free radicals in the skin, overproduction of melanin, dehydration, and rough texture (aka, you could look like a leather handbag).  It's obvious that daily SPF is essential, and there actually are products out there that don't irritate my skin.  They are few and far between, but when I find them, I stock up.  Here are some of my favorite daily SPF's right now:
Supergoop CC Cream ($32):
CC Cream stands for color correction, so they are good for people who have redness or discoloration.  It's a little fuller coverage than a BB Cream, but with all the same skincare benefits.  This one in particular is made by the Supergoop, who specialize in suncare that doesn't irritate the skin (I'm currently obsessed with their Vitamin C sunscreen mist), so this formula has an SPF35, making it perfect for daily use.   



AHAVA Age Control Even Tone Moisturizer  SPF20
This is a daily moisturizer that hydrates the skin and protects against sun damage.  It features two exclusive technologies, called Urban Complex™ & VF Brightening Accelerator Complex™ to correct uneven skin tone, dark spots, fine lines, and protects against environmental aggressors.  Urban Complex combines 5 botanical extracts and Dead Sea Minerals, including Jujube Fruit for cell turnover, Red Seaweed for UVA protection, and Myrhh for anti-inflammatory purposes.  It keeps my skin calm and hydrated, rather than irritated or broken out.



Arcona Reozone 40 ($28)
This is lightly tinted so you can wear it on its own, but not so tinted that you can't wear makeup over.  The non-greasy texture is nice, almost like a whipped texture, and is great for all skin types.  It's oil-free, but still moisturizing to the skin because it contains sodium hyaluronate. It helps guard against future sun damage and neutralize free radicals with an antioxidant called sodium selenite.  I like it personally because, like other Arcona products, it does not contain petrochemicals, chemical stabilizers, parabens, sodium lauryl sulphates, perfumes, dyes, or any other caustic, toxic ingredients.  To me that means no clogged pores, and no crazy ingredients that are going to cause inflammation in the skin.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...