Sephora.com, Inc.

Mar 19, 2013

Beauty Inspiration: The Galaxy

Inspiration comes in many different forms; art, music, books.  My favorite source of inspiration is Mother Nature herself (though she has been a little harsh on NYC lately, wouldn't you say?).  Galaxies are scientifically awesome, and aesthetically pleasing, so why not use that as inspiration for your beauty routine? 

NCLA X Nailing Hollywood Limited Edition Nail Wraps in Stephanie's Galaxy ($16)
This exclusive print by Stephanie Stone of Nailing Hollywood management is just one print from this fun collection (there are 6 in total).  Nailing Hollywood is a group of A-list nail artists that do editorial and Red Carpet nail looks, including Jenna Hipp, Stephanie Stone, and Madeline Poole.  Stephanie's looks for the collection, including this Galaxy print, are styles that are way to hard to paint on my own nails, for me at least, so these nail wraps take a lot of the work out of it.  I'm hooked.  (By the way, there are 2 sheets in a package, so you don't just get to wear them one time!  I think I can get at least 3 wears out of this 1 package). 

Mane Message Tie Dye Hair Ties (approx $10 for a pack of 6)
If you've been wondering what all the fuss is about these hair ties, it's this simple: they are adorable.  It's like the new Scrunchie for all my '80's babies out there.  I personally like them because they don't pull my hair out, which is important when you already have fine hair and don't feel like you have extra hair to spare when your hair tie yanks several pieces out.  I am particularly into Mane Message hair ties this day.  I've used other brands that tend to fall apart on me, but I've had a lot of success with these so far.  And the tie dye prints are super cute.  That's all there is to it!  There's no science behind it.  It's just an affordable and cute way to tie back your hair without ripping it out.  Done and done.  

Laura Geller Eye Rimz in Plum Like It Hot and Blue Voodoo ($21 each)
Forget your boring old monotone eyeliner.  These Eye Rimz are packed with color, and can be used wet or dry.  Dry for a beautiful, multi-faceted color to line your eyes or wear as shadow.  Wet for really high-impact color.  The Blue Voodoo has multiple blue tones baked together with a little black, and it comes out as a vibrant, shimmery blue that works on any skin tone.  The Plum Like It Hot version has tones of antique gold throughout that is a real eye-brightener.     

Geller's Eye Rimz applied with a wet brush to my arm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...