Sephora.com, Inc.

Feb 18, 2013

New York Fashion Week: backstage at Venexiana Fall 2013


Cool girl hair backstage at the Venexiana show

Many of you know me as both a makeup artist and a blogger, but when I'm backstage at Fashion Week I'm generally there in my blogger capacity.  I try to melt in to the background to get good pics and how-to tips to share with people who might not know exactly what to do with a oddly-shaped tool like a Beauty Blender.  But as a makeup artist, I would be lying if I told you that I didn't get a little fan-girl/geek/nervous wreck around other artists backstage that I really admire.  One of those makeup artists is Dani Fonseca, who created the look for Venexiana’s Fall 2013 show and is like THE SICKEST body painter of all time.  I don't mean painting some butterflies on the faces at a kiddie party.  I mean like she did the body painting for Lady Gaga's Born This Way video.  I kept my geeky admiration in check for just long enough to get the how-to scoop on the makeup she did for the Venexiana show, but it was not easy.  She just exudes coolness and creativity.  Take a look at the ultra-feminine, glam look that she did for the show using Mehron products
-For the base, Fonseca used Mehron’s Celebre PRO-HD (word on the streets is that Kim Kardashian's makeup artist swears by this) to smooth out imperfections, followed by Mehron’s Celebre PRO-HD Loose Mineral Finishing Power to make the makeup last. 
-To contour the cheeks, Fonseca used Tawny Pink CHEEK Cream.
-Fonseca created a smoky eye look, starting with Desert Sand Intense Pro Pressed Pigment all over the eyelid as the base. 
-Next she layered Red Earth Intense Pro Pressed Pigment over the base color. 
-To add depth to the crease she used Amethyst Precious Gem and Carbon Intense Pro Pressed Pigment, and blended outwards. 
-For that beautiful pop of gold on the bottom inner corner of the eyes, Fonseco used Gold Metallic Powder, mixed with Mehron Mixing Liquid. 
-Pearl Precious Gem was applied under the eyebrow to emphasize the arch.  
-To finish the eyes, Fonseca lined them with Mehron Black Detailz, before applying false eyelashes to the top and bottom lash lines.  Feather E.Y.E Lashes were used on the top and Fuller E.Y.E Lashes on the bottom outer corners.
-To complete the look, but not to take away from the eye, Fonseca finished with Mehron Natural L.I.P Cream, mixed with Celebre Pro-HD foundation on the lips. For a little shine, she used Clear Glosstone over the lip color she had blended.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...