Sephora.com, Inc.

Jan 1, 2013

My makeup diary: NYE makeup

For New Year's Eve I tend to go for a dramatic eye makeup look and little else because, let's be honest, I want to kiss my bf at midnight and he's doesn't exactly get all kissy-kissy when I'm rocking a bold lip color.  I mean...I get it, no guy wants to be wearing his girlfriend's pink lipstick when the clock strikes midnight.  But I also feel like it's time for very festive, bold eye makeup looks with lots of sparkle.  Fortunately Maybelline's new Color Tattoo Metal shades for spring 2013 (available in stores this month!) are metallic in nature, so lots of sparkle, but still sultry so they don't make me look like a 12 year old.  Here's how I achieved this look:
I started by pressing #60 Silver Strike onto the lids, and smudging along the lower lash line.  This part doesn't have to be perfect because it's all going to be blended together later.
Next I put a Too Faced a silvery-purple shade called Framboise in the crease and blended well.  (The shade is from the Shadow Bon Bons pallette).   
Next comes another Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal shade: #75 Electric Blue.  I lined the entire eye with this color, except for a little area at the inner corner of the bottom lash line, and winged the color out at the outer corner of the eye.  For me the easiest way to get the wing at the end is to start by lining the bottom, and then lining the top so that it connects to the bottom.    
 To finish the eye look, I used 2 coats of my fave mascara and cleaned up any loose shadow with a Q-tip.  



The look is really about the eyes, so I kept the rest of the face simple.  The foundation is Illamasqua's Skin Base in shade 10.5.  To contour the cheeks I used a little LORAC Tantalizer Highlighter & Matte Bronzer Duo, and a touch of Nars Cream Blush in Cactus flower just on the apples of the cheeks.  For the previously discussed kiss at midnight I thought I'd trick the BF into thinking I'm not wearing anything at all, so I used Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm in Petal Glow for a natural look.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...