Sephora.com, Inc.

Dec 12, 2012

My makeup diary: easy holiday party look


It's holiday party time and often we're pulled away from our desks after working all day and expected to look fabulous in about 3 seconds.  Not such an easy feat.  But if you have just five minutes you can do a classic party look that's sure to make you look like a sophisticated lady: cat eye and red lip.  During the day I generally wear very little makeup, which makes it easy to go from day to night.  Usually I wear a little BB cream, some mascara, and some blush.  Done and done.  Lately though, I've been indulging in the new Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Tinted Balm ($48) instead of my usual Garnier BB Cream.  The Kevyn Aucoin is a really nice, lightweight coverage.  Just the right amount of glow for a holiday party, but not so glowy that you feel shiny by the end of the day.  
 
Besides the Kevyn Aucoin today I was just wearing a little blush from the NARS Foreplay palette ($49) and some Hourglass Cosmetics mascara ($28).  Maybe a little boring, but makes it easy to turn up the charm when I go somewhere in the evening.   

For the night look I created a winged cat eye using Laura Geller Eye Rimz.  I used the blue shade from the Dusk To Dawn Collection ($19.75 for 2 colors and a sealing gel!) using a wet brush so the color would be more intense.  And obviously I put on more mascara.
For the lips I used By Terry Rouge Terrybly lipstick in Fanatic Red ($48), which is a lipstick that I actually hate to use because I love looking at it so much.  I just love that the lipstick says "Terrybly" on it, but, alas, it's too nice of a lipstick to NOT use. 
So that's it!  Just 2 steps to take your day look to a night look that's easy and sophisticated.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...