Sephora.com, Inc.

Dec 20, 2012

My makeup diary: au natural makeup looks

As someone with freckles, I'm faced with the constant struggle of foundations/tinted moisturizers/whatever that are too full coverage and give me a strange, mask-like appearance.  I'm actually at peace with my freckles.  Some might even say they're cute.  I know a lot of people out there are looking to mask their freckles but I am NOT one of them.  So this post is more about embracing your facial features (I refuse to call them flaws) with natural, dewy looking makeup, rather than wearing a mask of makeup.  The products below are some of my go-to products for natural makeup:   
Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm ($38)- looks really light in the bottle but blends into my skin really well without giving me that white/grey cast in pictures like some other BB creams can.  It's good for a plethora of skin types because it's oil-free, paraben-free, free of synthetic dyes, etc, so you sensitive skin folks out there don't have to worry.  It contains bamboo, rice bran, apple, and pea extracts, among other ingredients, to give you a moisturized, flawless glow, without feeling cakey.    
Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder ($42)- Honestly what did I do before discovering this product?  I love a good highlighter, everyone knows that, but this one is just special.  Maybe it's cause it's just the right amount of shimmer without looking cartoon-ish.  The effect is quite ethereal, and the powder is a fine, blendable consistency.  As a blogger I usually think that I have the gift of gab, but this product renders me (somewhat) speechless.  It's kind of amazing.  I want to put it all over my body and glow like some sort of supernatural, sexy vampire type.  Oh, and speaking of putting it all over your body, don't think that it's just for the high planes of the face.  You can put it on the decolletage or the legs for an evening out and your skin will be just the right amount of flawless. 
         
 
Stila Custom Color Blush ($20)- This could be on the list out of pure laziness... but sometimes I just don't feel like doing a lot of work with my blush, so a self-adjusting blush like this is really helpful.  It looks super bright in the packaging, but it actually reacts to your skin's pH to create the perfect shade on your skin. 
Maybelline Color Tatoo ($7) in Inked In Pink, which is unfortunately not out until January, but there are other great neutral shades in stores now (pictured below in Bad To The Bronze).  This stuff lasts all day, and you can build the coverage to be as sheer or as vibrant as your little heart desires. 
  
Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara ($20)- I must admit that it's sort of unfair for a girl with naturally curled eyelashes to report on a curling mascara, so I won't testify to its curling properties.  If I didn't use an eyelash curler on my makeup clients, I'd probably never use one at all.  In fact, I don't even curl my eyelashes on special occasions.  I know, I know, life is unfair.  What I will say is that I really enjoy the lengthening and volumizing properties of this mascara, since I can't tell you if it really curls or not.  And I like the brush.  I'm getting kind of sick of oddly-shaped mascara brushes.  Sometimes a good, old curved wand is all that I need.  I don't need something that is shaped like a weapon that close to my eye, thank you very much.  This mascara has pretty much been in daily rotation for the past few weeks and I'm enjoying it. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...