Sephora.com, Inc.

Aug 23, 2012

Recovering from summer

I actually HATE that I have to write this post because that means my summer is coming to an end.  I'm a beach bunny by nature, and cold weather is not my friend.  (One would think I wouldn't want to live in NYC, eh?)  The one thing I can say I like about the summer coming to a close is the beauty products that I use to mend damaged skin and hair.  (Ok, 2 things: I love fall clothes as well).
If you think your hair and skin hasn't been damaged by sun, salt, wind, humidity, heat, etc, then think again! Everyone can use a little TLC after the summer months are over so, naturally, I've compiled a list of my fave summer recovery products.
Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel- Because it is strong enough to slough off all those dead skin cells, but gentle enough that you won't feel it tingling or burning.  The last thing you want to feel at the end of summer is burning skin, right?  Ever since my facial at AmorePacific recently I've been so intrigued by enzyme peels, because they do everything an exfoliator does, but it doesn't feel like you're scrubbing your skin off with harsh beads.  It feels just like a lotion going on your skin, you leave it on for 10 minutes, rinse off, and your skin is refreshed.  It works by getting rid of the dead skin cells by using fruit enzymes like pineapple and papaya.  And to make this product extra-special, this favorite product from the Elemis line is introducing limited edition special packaging because of their collaboration with a charity named SOCO (short for Socially Conscious).  For every limited-edition Papaya Enzyme Peel sold, Elemis will provide a vaccine that will immunize a child in Africa against the 5 leading diseases there (called a 5-in-1 Pentavalent vaccine).  Elemis is hoping to donate 50,000 vaccines through this program with SOCO.  


Aubrey Swimmer's Care Shampoo & Conditioner- Get excited: No Sodium Chloride, No Sulfates, No Parabens, totally organic.  You see where I'm going with this?  The stuff is so good for your hair!  Both the shampoo and conditioner are filled with ingredients like Lavender, Aloe, Jojoba oil, Soybean oil... I could go on.  I might have to use the stuff year 'round, but it's on this list because it naturally removes chlorine and mineral deposits that your hair might have accumulated over the course of the summer.  
Zelens Z Matrix Energy & Moisture Infusion- This product is definitely a splurge but there's good reason it's on the list.  Not only does it help recover post-summer skin, but it's a nice lightweight gel-cream consistency to transition you into fall.  It's still warm out so it's not like you're going to switch to a heavy cream right away.  I don't pretend to know all the science behind this product, but I do know that the ingredient list is epic.  This product contains a botanical blend of Rosemary Leaf extract, Sunflower Seed oil, Linseed extract, Shea Butter, Chestnut extract  (I dare you to try and find something else that has Chestnut extract in it, because I've never heard of it), and Cotton Seed extract to name a few.  This botanical blend is combined with powerful skincare ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid and a soluble collagen that has marine origins.  Basically what I'm telling you is that this company has done their homework and is bringing you a highly effective product.    
Supergoop City Serum SPF30- Yep, I'm going there.  Just because summer is ending doesn't mean we don't need a daily sunscreen!  This one is not just a sunscreen though, as the name suggests, it's a serum too.  It has antioxidants E and B5 to promote overall skin health and cell turnover.  It also contains HYDROVOTIN 24, which leaves skin feeling hydrated without feeling to heavy
Lumene Vitamin C+ Age Defying Beauty Drops- Skin of all shades is prone to hyper-pigmentation during the summer months, especially if you weren't diligent on using a sunscreen daily.  While Vitamin C certainly can't turn back the clock and reverse all the damage we've done to our skin, it's an effective fighter of unflattering dark spots.  These little capsules have a highly-concentrated dose of Vitamin C along with Lingonberry Seed oil & Arctic Cloudberry Seed oil to nourish and protect your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...