Sephora.com, Inc.

Aug 12, 2012

A Great White inspired manicure in honor of Shark Week

Photo courtesy of DiscoveryChannel.com 

It's no secret that I have a giant obsession with sharks.  I will watch any shark show that comes on television, any time of year, but it's really exciting when Shark Week starts and I'm not the only psycho talking about the magnificence that is a Great White.  So in honor of my favorite week of TV all year, and because I have this fab new Butter London color from their new fall line, I thought I'd do a Great White-inspired manicure for the week.  Great Whites are greyish-black on the top, but they are named for their white bellies (and obvs for their size) so I figured an ombre effect was the way to go.  
Here's how I did it:
Start with Zoya's Christinna, a sheer white shade with a pearly effect to it, on the bottom portion of the nail.     
 Mix a few drops of of Christinna with a few drops of Butter London's new Gobsmacked shade.
 Dip a makeup sponge in the mixture and dab onto the middle and towards the top of the nail.  Don't worry about the mess because you can clean this up with a Q-Tip after you're all done.
 To complete the color, use Gobsmacked on the top of the nail, really concentrating the color on the tips.  The color has an almost gravel-like finish that helps make the look purposefully imperfect.  You can use the applicator brush that comes with the polish or the sponge for this part.  Whichever is more comfortable for you.
 While the nails are still wet, use a top coat to smooth the colors out.  Clean up the outside of the nails with nail polish remover and a Q-tip, and you're finished!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...