Sephora.com, Inc.

Jul 10, 2012

If you're in the market for a facial...




Run (do not walk) to AmorePacific in Soho for their Time Response Skin Renewal Facial ($150- 60 minutes).  I’m just going to go ahead and say it: best facial I’ve ever had.
I know that’s a big statement to make, but I’m very particular about what I’m looking for in a facial or in a massage and I can tell you what my favorite massage was as well (it was about 4 years ago in Miami, and I fully intend to find that place again when I’m there.  It was incredible).  So in order to decide if this massage is for you, I’ll tell you what I’m looking for and what I got… that way you can figure out if this is something you’d enjoy! 
What I’m looking for:
-Information.
I like to know what products the aesthetician is using on my skin, but not to the point where they’re just trying to sell you products.  Skincare tips that you can take home are important, but you don’t want someone making you feel like you HAVE to buy their products after you just paid good money for a massage.  
-Relaxation.
This is self-explanatory, right?  As much as I like information, I don’t want it to be too chit-chatty because I want to chill and enjoy myself.   
-Efficacy
If you’re paying for a facial, which are not cheap, you want to look good after.  That’s really what it’s all about, more than the other points above.   

What I got at AmorePacific:
-Information
My aesthetician was Lisa, and she let me know exactly what I should be doing with my skin without making me feel like what I’m doing currently is wrong.  She suggested products for me but was not pushy by any means.  So I’ve been exfoliating once a week with a scrub that might be too abrasive, but she suggested that during the summer maybe I go to twice a week, but with something that uses enzymes to exfoliate instead.  So not making me feel stupid, but offering a really helpful suggestion!   
-Relaxation
This was the major selling-point for me on this facial.  I was so relaxed after that I felt like I’d been given a massage rather than a facial.  That’s pretty hard to do when someone’s poking around at your face for 60 minutes, don’t you think?
-Efficacy
I had my facial on last Tuesday (one week ago).  My skin felt dramatically different the day of, the day after, and even on Thursday. Softer, clearer, more youthful looking.  I feel like it still looks good a week later but I can't mention here some of the sins I committed over the weekend.  
I think what sets this apart from other places I’ve been is that they use products you can buy in the store, but they also mix it up according to your needs.  Lisa used green tea leaves in a mask on my skin to provide exfoliation without harsh scrubbing… sort of how a Mixologist might mix up a drink according to what you like. 
Also as far as effective ingredients go, the Time Response line that is used in this facial is packed with Asian botanicals like Green Tea and Bamboo Sap.. but you know what it doesn’t have?  Water.  And other fillers.  So all those great ingredients are more effective than a product that might contain Green Tea, but is diluted with water or petroleum.  My skin was noticeably softer, clearer, and more moisturized after, without any feeling of sensitivity or redness. 

So that’s my story.  I will definitely be going back here and I’ll be asking for Lisa to do my facial again. 
What is it that you look for in a facial….is it different than what I’m looking for?  
If you can't make it to the spa anytime soon, which I would definitely recommend trying, here are some products that Lisa recommended for my skin that I'm definitely going to have to consider buying for daily use: 
Time Response Skin Renewal Gel Creme ($450) 
Time Response Eye Renewal Creme ($260)

For more information on the Time Response Collection click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...