Sephora.com, Inc.

Jul 22, 2012

Backstage with the Mara Hoffman SS2013 Swim Collection

Very rarely do you see a collection, especially a swim collection, when you can honestly say that you want to own every piece on the line.  That's how I feel about Mara Hoffman's SS2013 swim collection.  Every.  Single.  Piece.  (And to verify that was still true this morning I scrolled through these pics again. Still want all of it.  Even the accessories.)  Clearly I have no need for that many swimsuits, but the point is that I consider that a successful collection.  

I had a few moments to interview the ever-humble and inspiring Mara Hoffman before her show.  Check out what she had to say about her inspirations:

Me: What was your inspiration for the collection?
Mara: "She's sort of a nomadic gypsy cowgirl riding through the desert."  
Oh, so sort of like a natural extension of your fall line that we saw in New York. 
"Yes, exactly!  This is what that girl is going to be wearing in the spring."  
What inspires you daily when you're designing a collection?
"I'm always inspired by travel.  Definitely inspired by different cultures and by indigenous peoples.  And art is so inspiring to me."  
Does being a wife and a mother ever inspire you when you're designing?
"Oh wow, it's really amazing.  They inspire me on a whole other higher level.  They are the reason I do what I do every day."  
And one last question before you have to run.  What's the one beauty product you can't live without?
"Well right now I'm all about Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration sunscreen.  It's a lotion and a sunscreen, so it's like you're killing two birds with one stone." 

Well let's have a look at our girls, shall we?

















Mara Hoffman after the final walk.


I have to send a very special THANK YOU to my Hawaiian Tropic friends for sending me to Miami to meet Mara and to enjoy all the fun in the sun!!! For more info on their Silk Hydration line, and for more amazing MBFW Swim pics, please check out their facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...