Sephora.com, Inc.

Apr 6, 2012

Benz on a budget: TRESemme Split Remedy hair care line



Backstage during New York Fashion Week you learn many things... What products the makeup artists REALLY keep on hand, what models look like without makeup, but most importantly, which inexpensive products you can use to recreate the looks you see on the runway. I have an arsenal of both department store and drug store products for my skin, but when it comes to my hair I usually stick to the expensive stuff for some reason. That all changed at the Charlotte Ronson AW2012 show when I discovered the TRESemme Split Remedy line. I have always liked their Fresh Start Dry Shampoo (and dry shamp is something I don't mind taking the cheap route on) so I figured I'd give some of these products a shot, and was immediately in love.  The line is meant to reduce the appearance of split ends in just 2-3 uses with a "Reconstruction Complex" that binds the split ends back together.  The products are obviously best when used in tandem with one another, and there are plenty of products to choose from including shampoo, conditioner, and a leave-in spray, but my personal favorites are the Leave-In Split End Conditioning Treatment and the Split End Sealing Serum ($4.49 each). 



The Conditioning Treatment is kind of an all-in-one product for me these days... I've been using it to protect my hair from hot tools, but mostly just to condition and tame my hair when I'm wearing it naturally wavy.  The Sealing Serum is a definite necessity for finishing curly looks or straight looks, but its humidity protection factor is definitely going to get more important in my life as it starts to warm up this spring.  Both products are lightweight enough that I don't feel like my hair is weighed down, while still getting the anti-frizz control that I so desperately need.  (My hair is thin, but I have a lot of it, and it's got a lot of natural texture to it, in case you need something to compare yours to.) And the products smell great too!  I'm so proud of my drugstore find and just had to share.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...