Sephora.com, Inc.

Jan 7, 2012

My nighttime skincare routine

So we didn't have a white Christmas (which I was totally fine with BTW since I've been on multiple buses, plains, and trains as of late) but for some reason my skin was still revolting against me as if it had been snowing.  Probably because it's semi cold outside but my apartment is still uncontrollably hot... whatever the case may be, my skin was feeling a little crackly.  This past week I've been trying a new nighttime skincare routine and my face is back to baby's-bottom-smooth, so I feel the need to share the wealth.
Cleanse: Therapy Systems cleansing oil ($38).  I've been a fan of the cleansing oil craze for a while, but this one recently came across my desk and I absolutely love it.  You only need a little bit to completely remove makeup (including waterproof mascara), and it doesn't strip your skin of its natural moisture.  Skin is nourished with Argan, rice, Calendula, orange, and Rosewood oils, but I like this formula because it doesn't feel super heavy like you would think it might.  The oil has a nice, lightweight consistency that leaves skin feeling fresh.

Tone: Jurlique Herbal Recovery Night Mist ($49).  I like what this does for my skin, but I'm also a big fan of the smell.  It's become sort of like a relaxing nighttime ritual for me because of the soothing ingredients (like aloe, chamomile, and marshmallow root), but also because of the natural botanicals like violet, rose, and calendula that smell totally divine.

Correct: Jason Natural Hyper-C Serum ($37.95).  I use other products from this line because I really believe in it, but at night I like to supplement my skincare routine with this highly-effective item.  The key to this serum is Ester-C, which is a potent and naturally-derived form of Vitamin C.  If you don't know what all the hype is about Vitamin C, I'm here to tell you that it's THE best ingredient to use if you want even skin tone.  It helps even out all that sun damage that you've done, and with continued use it completely gets rid of dark spots.  This particular formula does all those things (I've been using it for months and it is truly effective) as well as promote collagen production in the skin.  
Moisturize: Ren Rose O12 Ultra-Moisture Serum ($80).  This item is TRULY a splurge, but I tested this at the Beauty Bar store opening a few weeks ago and had to go back to buy it.  The smell is intoxicating, but I love that this absorbs in to the skin super quickly so you don't feel like you're going to leave grease stains on your pillowcase.
Pamper: Zelens Triple-Action Advanced Eye Cream ($120).  I've been calling this my little "plastic surgery in a bottle".  Firstly because I'm way too young for plastic surgery, but secondly because the active ingredient in this is called SNAP-8; a combo of 8 naturally occurring amino acids that block the release of neurotransmitters responsible for muscle contraction that cause wrinkles around the eyes.  (Sounds a little like a safe Botox, eh?).  It contains peptides derived from sesame, marine collagens, other naturally occurring amino acids, Calendula, Chamomile, Sage, Vitamin E, and so many other delicious ingredients that make this the ultimate in eye creams.  With all those ingredients it has anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, healing, soothing, moisturizing, and astringent properties.  If you're going to invest in an expensive eye cream, you'd be well-served purchasing one with all these amazing ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...